Win7 Codec for ORF?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by newbert, Apr 12, 2013.

1. newbert

newbert Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 22, 2012
    Glens Falls, NY
    Can anyone tell me whether a Codec for ORF files (E-M5) is available for Windows 7 (and provide a link)? I shoot Raw exclusively and would like the capability of seeing thumbnails of the ORF files in Windows Explorer.

I know that a Codec for NEFs (for my Nikon D300 and D80) exists, but I'm not sure about ORFs.

Thanks!

2. savvy

savvy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    SE Essex, UK
    Les
    Yes, they are the ones.

If you are running any flavour of Win7 64-bit, get the first one, don't be put off by amd in the name, it doesn't matter which processor you have.

3. gugarci

gugarci Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    Lyndhurst, NJ
    Bill
    Good info. And thanks for pointing out which one to download. I was wondering if the AMD was the correct version for my x64 system.

4. newbert

newbert Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 22, 2012
    Glens Falls, NY
    Thanks for the link -- but it's not working for me. :confused:

On my Win7 laptop, Internet Explorer shuts down when I try downloading. So, I went to the site in the link using my desktop PC (Windows Vista-64), hoping to download and save an executable file to a thumbdrive, transfer that to the Win 7 laptop and install from there. But apparently there's no way to save an executable file for this.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

5. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Could be you AV won't let you download?

Here is the 32 bit version https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1282281/MicrosoftCodecPack_x86.msi

Here is the 64 bit version https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1282281/MicrosoftCodecPack_amd64.msi

Here they both are in a winzip archive (should get by AV). https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1282281/Win7Codec.zip

6. newbert

newbert Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 22, 2012
    Glens Falls, NY
  7. memzinla

memzinla Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 31, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    It's not working with Windows 8, and I downloaded the Windows 8 version. I wonder if it's because I have the preview of Windows 8.1. Ugh!!

8. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    The July version still doesn't list the E-P5 as being covered yet.

9. memzinla

memzinla Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 31, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    It doesn't even let me install it. :/

10. StavrosD

StavrosD New to Mu-43

Mar 30, 2016
    This worked fine for me (win 7 64) : OLYMPUS Digital Camera : OLYMPUS RAW codec
    First of all remove the Microsoft Camera Codec Pack !
    Then install OLYMPUS RAW codec
    The first time didn't work, but i clean the registry and then repair the program and everything worked , and now i have thumbernails ;)

11. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

That's the one I'm using fine as well (on Win7 64 bit). To get to that page there is an Accept or Reject option on here (it may look like the same link as above but it is the page before). OLYMPUS Digital Camera : OLYMPUS RAW codec

• Agree Agree x 1