1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Will the GF3 + 14 mm get any cheaper???

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Dangermouse1968, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Dangermouse1968

Dangermouse1968 Mu-43 Regular

May 26, 2011
    So I reckon I'm going to go for the above mentioned kit, really because I want the 14 mm 2.5 to comlement my 20 and 45 mm lenses.

The 14 mm lenses have been going for around £100 - £120 on the Bay recently and are about £180 new. For £249 I can get a brand spanking new GF3 with the 14 mm, Lightroom3 included and a £50 refund. That's seems like it's worth having a GF3 as a backup but do you think it can get EVEN cheaper? I'm in no big rush ;-)

2. Aegon

Aegon Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 3, 2011
    Portland, OR
    I doubt it will get cheaper. The GF5 was recently announced as the successor to the GF3. I imagine the current sales are meant to clear old inventory and prepare for the GF5.

Generally, when an older camera is phased out, it hits a sweet low price and then slowly creeps back up to expensive.

3. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    Once the GF5 is actually available, I think the GF3 will go for fire-sale prices IF there are any left. That's the gamble. The G2 body dropped down to $300 after the G3 was available, but the only place you could find it was B&H. And within a couple of months they were gone.

4. Dangermouse1968

Dangermouse1968 Mu-43 Regular

May 26, 2011
    does anybody know when the gf5 is likely to be available in the uk?

looks like that might be the time to pull the trigger ;-)

5. p.h

p.h Mu-43 Regular

Apr 5, 2012
    The 14mm seems a decent lens which is likely to hold it'd value. My guess is that if Panasonic are left with stock of GF3s they need to shift at any price it'll be with a lesser lens. In the end you have to decide if it's worth it to you and buy if it is, whatever happens after that won't affect it's value to you*
    *Here speaks a man who bought the GX1 and three Panasonic lenses in the month before the cashback offer, it pays to be philosophical.

6. EP1-GF1

EP1-GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 12, 2011
    I doubt it will get much cheaper and places like SRS have, I believe, already sold out of the black bodies. They may get more stock of course.

I bought the 14mm kit last week from them because it was such a great deal and I was going to get that lens anyway. As it stands for only a little more than a 14mm (with a warranty) I have a bonus little GF3 that I can take places I wouldn't want to take my E-P3, a copy of Lightroom 3, and a 3 year warranty (I think). Amazing really.

7. joelk2

joelk2 New to Mu-43

Apr 12, 2012

where can you get it with lightroom also?

The panasonic offer has ended for this. i bought through an authorised retailer when this was being offered by panasonic but didnt get a copy of lightroom.

8. EP1-GF1

EP1-GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 12, 2011
    I received mine from SRS a couple of days ago. Lightroom was in a separate DVD style case attached to the box with an elastic band. I think Park Cameras are still doing the offer too.

9. joelk2

joelk2 New to Mu-43

Apr 12, 2012
    It was park cameras who I ordered this from :( boo.