1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Will OM-D be on sale anywhere on Black Friday?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by New Daddy, Nov 21, 2012.

1. New Daddy

New Daddy Mu-43 Regular

Jan 24, 2011
    Will OM-D be on sale anywhere on Black Friday? Or are hot items like OM-D never on sale even on BF?

2. atomic

atomic Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 3, 2011
    I think Insaw elsewhere on this forum that it will be on sale from Olympus.

3. oldsweng

oldsweng Mu-43 Regular

Apr 21, 2011
    Oregon
    • Like Like x 1
  4. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Likely, except typical sales prices direct from the maker are usually equal to whatever the going rate is at regular retailers. In other words, don't hold your breath for a significant black friday discount.

5. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    I just bought a NEX-6 and want a NEX-7 too, I'm selling my OM-D kit (black). PM me if you're interested. Looks perfectly new and is boxed. The rubber on the add-on grip has a couple of marks though, only in the rubber though, might brush out.

6. metalmania

metalmania Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 19, 2012
    NYC
    $449 E-PM2 is tempting.

7. ccunningham

ccunningham Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 23, 2010
    I dunno about BF, but like other people have noted, if there's a markdown at retail, it probably won't be much. Consider that most cameras 9 months after their release have already had price drops, which doesn't seem to have happened much (if at all) to the E-M5. I suppose that means demand must still be pretty strong.

8. battleaxe

battleaxe Mu-43 Top Veteran

If you don't mind refurbished Cameta camera has some very nice deals on the OM-D.

Is that body only?

9. metalmania

metalmania Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 19, 2012
    NYC
    Yes, the kit will be $499.

10. memzinla

memzinla Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 31, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hmmm. I'm thinking of selling my Sony RX100 to buy the E-PM2, but I'm nervous I won't be able to sneak in the E-PM2 to concerts because of the removable lens.

11. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Get the Sony RX1 then....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

12. memzinla

memzinla Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 31, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    I would love the RX1, but it's too expensive. haha

13. battleaxe

battleaxe Mu-43 Top Veteran

Shouldn't be too hard. I went to a show last summer that said no DSLR/interchangeable cameras with my G2 and kit lens(was a bit short, but worked ok in ETC mode). I had it in a camera bag for super zooms. All they noticed was hot small it was compared to a regular DSLR and mistook it for a standard P&S. I am sure the smaller E-PM2 wouldn't have that issue with the kit or prime lens.

14. tryinginvain

tryinginvain Mu-43 Regular

May 2, 2012
    Ottawa, Canada
    Really good sale on the OM-D at Henry's in Canada today. Body only $899 and $1049 with the 12-50mm.

I bought the body last weekend at their show for $929 but I'm changing to the kit with the 12-50 at that price. I think I'll cancel my pre-order for the 17 f1.8 as well. I wanted it for an upcoming trip but now with the 12-50 and the 45 I think I'm good for a while.