Will Olympus tranform 12-60 to micro system?

actuary616

New to Mu-43
Has anyone heard any rumor about it? The 14-42 kit lens is ok, but not good enough, especially at long end. Rotating front element makes it impossible to use a CPL. I really hope Olympus can tranform the superb 12-60mm lens into micro system. What's your opinion? Thank you in advance.

everythingsablur

Mu-43 Veteran
Would be great but would also be big and expensive. The 4/3 version is already upwards of $800 USD, so adding in the m43 premium could push that upwards of a grand.

There is/was that unfounded rumour of Panny working on a 12-75 f/2.5-3.3, but that would be massive and even more expensive.

photo owl

Mu-43 Rookie
no - I just use the existing one on the E-P1 anyhow, for the reasons you give....

G1 User

Mu-43 Veteran
Not for me... I'd like a better quality 14-42...maybe an f/3.5 constant stop.. To keep the size down and offer a 2 tier normal zoom.

PeterB666

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Peter
No, but I would probably buy one.

Would be great but would also be big and expensive. The 4/3 version is already upwards of $800 USD, so adding in the m43 premium could push that upwards of a grand.

There is/was that unfounded rumour of Panny working on a 12-75 f/2.5-3.3, but that would be massive and even more expensive.

That would be even better. A single lens for travel. Given that you can make MFT lenses more compact due to the shorter distance to sensor and reduced mount diameter, it should still be a reasonable size. Probably fatter but not any longer than the 14-150mm zoom. I would expect you are looking at around the 500 gram mark in MFT which is quite reasonable.

dhazeghi

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Dara
No, but I would probably buy one.

That would be even better. A single lens for travel. Given that you can make MFT lenses more compact due to the shorter distance to sensor and reduced mount diameter, it should still be a reasonable size. Probably fatter but not any longer than the 14-150mm zoom. I would expect you are looking at around the 500 gram mark in MFT which is quite reasonable.

500g is what the 4/3 version weighs. It'd be great to have good zoom lenses that don't weigh more than the bodies they're attached to!

Whatever it weighs though, if the range is right (12-50mm or better), and the quality good, I'm in!

Latest threads

Top Bottom