Will Olympus tranform 12-60 to micro system?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by actuary616, Aug 6, 2010.

1. actuary616

actuary616 New to Mu-43

Jul 24, 2010
    Has anyone heard any rumor about it? The 14-42 kit lens is ok, but not good enough, especially at long end. Rotating front element makes it impossible to use a CPL. I really hope Olympus can tranform the superb 12-60mm lens into micro system. What's your opinion? Thank you in advance.

• Like Like x 1
  2. everythingsablur

everythingsablur Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    Would be great but would also be big and expensive. The 4/3 version is already upwards of $800 USD, so adding in the m43 premium could push that upwards of a grand.

There is/was that unfounded rumour of Panny working on a 12-75 f/2.5-3.3, but that would be massive and even more expensive.

3. photo owl

photo owl Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 9, 2010
    no - I just use the existing one on the E-P1 anyhow, for the reasons you give....

4. G1 User

G1 User Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 20, 2010
    Not for me... I'd like a better quality 14-42...maybe an f/3.5 constant stop.. To keep the size down and offer a 2 tier normal zoom.

5. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    No, but I would probably buy one.

That would be even better. A single lens for travel. Given that you can make MFT lenses more compact due to the shorter distance to sensor and reduced mount diameter, it should still be a reasonable size. Probably fatter but not any longer than the 14-150mm zoom. I would expect you are looking at around the 500 gram mark in MFT which is quite reasonable.

6. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    500g is what the 4/3 version weighs. It'd be great to have good zoom lenses that don't weigh more than the bodies they're attached to!

Whatever it weighs though, if the range is right (12-50mm or better), and the quality good, I'm in!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.