1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Will Olympus ever enable ...

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Debbygoldmoon, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Debbygoldmoon

Debbygoldmoon New to Mu-43

Mar 17, 2015
    debby goldman
    menus that remember where you were? I am new to this camera, E-M1 and love it. Purchased for underwater, I've discovered how much fun it is to carry around most of the time. I shoot theater and dance with my Nikon d800, but it's just too much to take with. Finally a camera that is small, sophisticated, versatile AND shoots beautiful color, contrast, ya da da. Now, with all that richness, that niggly little menu thingie.

Am I the only one who finds this annoying?

Debby

Ps. Forgive Olympus misspelling, predictive typing....

2. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Debbygoldmoon

Debbygoldmoon New to Mu-43

Mar 17, 2015
    debby goldman
    Wow u made my evening!

4. Halaking

Halaking Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 17, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Morris
    Did you update it to the newest firmware 3.0? it make huge difference in CAF and CAF-tracking.

5. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
    Lorenzo
  6. dbzkid777

dbzkid777 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 26, 2014
    Not sure if it's pressure-proof for "underwater"...you mean weather-sealed? lol.

7. SirGadden

SirGadden Mu-43 Regular

Oct 27, 2014
    Stockholm, Sweden
    The E-M5 mk II has it so maybe in a software update? Only Olympus knows I guess...

8. lomomentum

lomomentum Mu-43 Regular

I trust you have an underwater housing and are not taking it underwater as it is? That's not what is meant by weathersealed. It's just splash proof.

9. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Actually, I find the OPPOSITE annoying, menus that stay in the position you last were, even after turning the camera OFF!

With Olympus I always know where the cursor is going to be, in the top menu...because of that I have button sequences memorized where my most use menu choices are like format.

My Panasonic on the other hand always stays in the last position, even after being switched off and I HATE it! I have to spend a minute looking for the cursor and see which menu I'm in...from there I either go forward or return to the top menu to know where I am. It takes me longer to do something on the Panasonic menu even though it has a lot less menu items than the Olympus (something else I hate but have to live with it).

10. SirGadden

SirGadden Mu-43 Regular

Oct 27, 2014
    Stockholm, Sweden
    You know you can turn it off right? (atleast in recent Panas)

11. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    On my GH1 the "Menu Resume" item is BURIED, on PAGE FIVE of the Custom Menu!