1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Will Oly 45/1.8 or Oly 25/1.8 be better for my usage?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by rkhndjr, Jan 31, 2015.

1. rkhndjr

rkhndjr Mu-43 Regular

Oct 9, 2010
    ? Thanks for any help.I will be shooting a bit indoors as I am there all the time. Which of these be better for general shots and some closeups but not macro?

2. damianmkv

damianmkv Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 7, 2014
    Surrey, England
    If indoors, then the 25 is better for you. You may well find the 45 a bit too long unless you have large rooms

3. EarthQuake

EarthQuake Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2013
    25mm is better suited for general purpose, while the 45mm is more of a portrait lens. The 25mm can focus closer/has higher magnification than the 45mm as well.

4. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    Generally, the 25 will help you to capture the scene, the 45 will allow you to isolate a subject. If you have a macro, then probably go with the 25 for versatility. If not, give the 45 some consideration. It is a bit tighter, but it might be a fun lens, especially if you want to try something like portraits or still life compositions.

Good luck,

--Ken

5. Dayam

Dayam Mu-43 Regular

Jan 15, 2014
    Singapore
    Dave
    Definitely go for the 25mm for indoors..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.