1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

will either one of these focal reducers mount onto the EM10?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by colbycheese, Jun 6, 2015.

1. colbycheese

colbycheese Mu-43 Veteran

May 1, 2012
    Way up there.
    I wanted to buy a focal reducer for both my m42 lenses and nikon lenses. I was going to buy these 2 but i am wondering if they will properly mount on the EM10. I am worried about this because i have seen the metabones one that will not mount on the EM10. The description said it will work with the EM5 and EM1 but it is not very reassuring. Another listing on ebay mentioned that the glass had to be adjusted to work on the OMD cameras. I was wondeirng if anyone has experience from these sellers or these no name brand focal reducers from ebay and know whether they will mount onto the EM10? Here is the links:

M42:
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Focal-Reduce...502?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35d055bcc6

Nikon:
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Focal-Reduce...384?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a511ebcf8

Thank you

2. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    My guess is that both of those will fit and work.

3. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
    Lorenzo
    I have a Nikon one on the E-M10 branded Camdiox and it works fine.

But this probably depends more on the lens you adapt then on the adapter: a lens with a wide barrel is going to hit the flash block (focal reducer are shorter then simple adapters). But Nikon and m42 are not super-slim so I'm quite sure the adapter alone goes further then the flash.

4. colbycheese

colbycheese Mu-43 Veteran

May 1, 2012
    Way up there.
    Alright. I just need to pick which one i want to get first. I want to get the nikon one for my nikon 50mm but i also have a helios that i would like to be able to use with a focal reducer.