Will April 6-15 Closings At B&H and Adorama delay OM-D shipments?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by M4/3, Mar 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M4/3

M4/3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    Anyone know if they stand a better chance of receiving their OM-D's before April 15 if they pre-order from Olympus America, Amazon, etc. instead of the Jewish camera stores?
  2. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

It won't affect B&H and I doubt it would Adorama either. They are not just not shipping they are not taking orders, so there is no back log when they return. I have done business with B and H for years and although they take off for Passover they are always back on the ball once it is over. I have not dealt with Adorama as much but they are very well respected and I doubt they would let things slip out of their control.
  3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    If the cameras arrive at shops between April 6 and 15, they won't ship until the 15th. Whereas from other places, they'll likely ship whenever they get them. So, if the camera is widely available before April 15th, the odds are ordering from B&H or Adorama WILL delay when you'd get the camera relative to other shops. If it arrives by the 3rd or 4th, or after the 15th, then it shouldn't make any difference, but if the cameras hit the shops around the 5th ot 6th or 7th, then, yeah, a B&H or Adorama order is gonna cost you a week to 10 days in terms of when you end up with the camera in your hands.

I cancelled a B&H pre-order and moved it over to the Olympus online shop because of this. Ordinarily I wouldn't care about a week or so but this April I'm basically on a shooting vacation all month, so a week really matters and I'd like to get the camera as soon as possible. So if there's a chance it could delay getting the camera, it was worth the switch to me.

4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    There were several offensive posts here in clear violation of our TOS and a bunch of posts replying to them. I deleted a whole bunch of posts and am closing this thread before it causes any more trouble.

If you see a post judging someone else's religious practices, please report the post by clicking on the red triangle. Please do not reply to posts which violate our TOS.
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.