Wildlife: show us your walk on the wild side and post your wild animal photos

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Wall-Eeeeeeeeeeeeee
Real Name
Ovidiu
Another one of those "not-particularly-useful" examples of HHHR. Finally had luck finding a fox in a freshly cut grass field, foxes love those because new cut grass leaves a lot of the bugs and slugs exposed after losing their habitat so plenty of "free lunch". Unfortunately, the fox was on the opposite side of the field and I didn't have time to get any closer, it was spooked after about a minute anyways:
From Google Maps, I trust the accuracy of this representation:
1594177616938.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

1594175426327.png

At full view, there isn't much difference between the two.

1594176017626.png

At 1:1 view the 50 Megapickles is holding up better in terms of details in the fur.

1594176645689.png

At 2:1 it's more evident that the normal 20 MP has the fur texture more blocky while the 50 MP has more edges to the fur, but even still the Panny Leica 50-200mm f 2.8-4 with 1.4x TC is pushing the lens past it's ideal IQ on both 20 MP and 50 MP.
I can't wait for the Olympus 150-400mm f 4.5 Pro, I am hoping I can get more details and rendition at the 300-400mm range but if it can't compete for resolution in the centre of the frame (you can't be greedy when looking at a zoom of that range) with Olympus 300mm f 4 Pro then I will got with the latter one at the sacrifice of 2/3 of light.

PS. Question for the admin or any moderator: why are the pictures from my screen looking so dull and colourless on the forum. They are sRGB both the RAW file and the editing coulour space and yet when I screen capture the images look so much different then on my OLED screen. Is there any way I can fix this?

Last edited:

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Wall-Eeeeeeeeeeeeee
Real Name
Ovidiu
A screen capture will tag with the system colour space, not the editing colour space. Might be an explanation ... ?
Very true. Windows 10 should be sRGB by default space colour:
1594178504372.png

Thought the default colour profile is the factory calibrated by ASUS and I don't know what settings that one has sRGB, AdobeRGB, DCI-P3 (the website advertisement):

1594178770803.png

There's only one colour profile in the Windows Display Settings. It does make sharing my pictures a bit fustrating to be honest.

Acraftman

Mu-43 All-Pro
The zebra's are a somewhat hard act to follow.Reminds me of the joke ,how do you catch a unique rabbit? Unique up on him:laugh1:
custom settings-19.jpg

Last edited:

Jcarrith

Mu-43 Veteran
Some wild beasts of the rodent type

Did I see someone put a nut on my stump?

Golden-mantled Ground Squirrel.jpg

I did see someone put a nut on my stump!

Golden-mantled Ground Squirrel2.jpg

Golden-mantled Ground Squirrel

I stopped the truck to take a photo of a wildflower and as I stepped out I saw this right beside me.
Pine Squirrel1.jpg

The pine squirrel was moving a rather mature kit. I had the 12-60 lens on but she was very close to me.

Pine Squirrel2.jpg

She looked at me for what seemed like a minute or two so I looked away and she took off.

This is the Gunnison's Prairie Dog. I wonder if he is going to serve that with a little sage.
Prairie Dog2.jpg

Many people around here consider these a nuisance but I really like them I just wish they would slow down a bit for photo-ops.
Least Chipmunk.jpg

The Least Chipmunk.

Least Chipmunk1.jpg

And finally a rodent in very different circumstances.

Belle with rodent.jpg

Belle with rodent.

Last edited:

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Wall-Eeeeeeeeeeeeee
Real Name
Ovidiu
Some wild beasts of the rodent type

Did I see someone put a nut on my stump?

View attachment 834540

I did see someone put a nut on my stump!

View attachment 834541
Golden-mantled Ground Squirrel

I stopped the truck to take a photo of a wildflower and as I stepped out I saw this right beside me.
View attachment 834542
The pine squirrel was moving a rather mature kit. I had the 12-60 lens on but she was very close to me.

View attachment 834543

She looked at me for what seemed like a minute or two so I looked away and she took off.

This is the Gunnison's Prairie Dog. I wonder if he is going to serve that with a little sage.
View attachment 834545

Many people around here consider these a nuisance but I really like them I just wish they would slow down a bit for photo-ops.
View attachment 834551
The Least Chipmunk.

View attachment 834552

And finally a rodent in very different circumstances.

View attachment 834557
Belle with rodent.
Daawwwww ... everything was so cute ... until the last picture. Amazing pictures though, thank you for sharing, I need more cuteness in my life right now.
That squirrel mom sure looks like she would need one of these:
1594335685216.png

jederick

Mu-43 All-Pro
Yellowstone Black Bear and a Grizzly bear for good measure...
P1014843.jpg
P1015032 (2).jpg

Last edited:

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Wall-Eeeeeeeeeeeeee
Real Name
Ovidiu
W0LF0019.jpg

Run Forest.. RuUUUUUUUUuUUUUn (I can't seem to get close to foxes these days like I did months ago)

W0LF0073.jpg

Took me 2 years of hoping and trying to get in the right spot at the right time in the right orientation to get this picture (I was sweating bullets because this is the first image form the burst and I though I missed the moment)

W0LF0270.jpg

Testing my new Oly 60mm Cyclop :p... f 16!!!

W0LF0541.jpg

Not all starts are in the heavens and not all of them shine just at night.

Mountain_Man_79

Enjoying Cameraderie
Real Name
Chris
My very first bear! Unsure where mom was, as he seemed way too young to be out and about by himself.
Also no idea if he’s a cinnamon black bear or a brown bear...to hard to tell the difference as a cub. I lean towards black bear, as brown are supposedly extinct in the area I photographed him.

Last edited:

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Wall-Eeeeeeeeeeeeee
Real Name
Ovidiu
My very first bear! Unsure where mom was, as he seemed way too young to be out and about by himself.
Also no idea if he’s a cinnamon black bear or a brown bear...to hard to tell the difference as a cub. I lean towards black bear, as brown are supposedly extinct in the area I photographed him.
View attachment 835418
Should I ask how close you were because the smooth background at only 100mm (and f 4) gives me a sense that you might have been able to smell what that cub had for lunch :p
(Don't worry, I would have done the same though I can only speak for my own (in)sanity ^ _^)

Mountain_Man_79

Enjoying Cameraderie
Real Name
Chris
Should I ask how close you were because the smooth background at only 100mm (and f 4) gives me a sense that you might have been able to smell what that cub had for lunch :p
(Don't worry, I would have done the same though I can only speak for my own (in)sanity ^ _^)
Haha. I was pretty darn close, however safely inside of my car. The images would be sharper if I didn’t have a windshield!

Fred S

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Fred S
A deer with 2 of her triplets

Deer 20-07-01 re.jpg

Deer 20-07-02-1 re.jpg

melanie.ylang

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I had three walking buddies decline a walk today, so I set off on my own to the local scrub, which turned out to be a good thing. While watching wrens in some shrubs, I heard scuffling at ground level and turned to see a small, brown creature scurrying towards this hollow log - it ran up the end of it to look at me, then ran inside! I believe it's a yellow-footed antechinus: a fun little, mouse-sized marsupial with a strange sex life. Had I been with anyone else, our chatter would have alerted it sooner, and/or covered the sound of its movements.

The image quality isn't great, but I was so happy to get a photo that wasn't a blurry mess. I'm really enjoying using the FZ300 superzoom, if not actually enjoying the image quality!

1060962-01.jpeg

Latest threads

Top Bottom