Wildlife: show us your walk on the wild side and post your wild animal photos

SteveAdler

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Another one from my trip to Namibia in 2016
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

not quite as exotic from last night's walk..

Mountain_Man_79

Wu-Tang is Forever
Real Name
Chris
@Aristophanes photos make me miss the arctic/tundra so bad. So here’s some different shots of the arctic fox I got last time I was up that way -

The tundra is amazing the way it just goes on and on. The land was so wet from melt and the air warmed so quickly I was battling atmospheric interference. The herd just calved a week or two earlier and were already moving to grazing lands further north, about 600km. This was only part of a 50,000 strong group that moved through just a few kilometres from town. Video turns out way better.

SteveAdler

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Sleeping Hippos on the beach are best left alone.

We can now add partially blind ground hog to our list of disabled wildlife seen in the yard.

Equable

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Rod
Not wild, as in ferocious, but not domesticated either. Just on the lookout for food. Swam up together, swam away together, just good friends. From this mornings stroll at the manor.

jhawk1000

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Mel
Deer in high grass--taken at our Nature preserve where wild animals are protected as much as they want to be.

Will Focus

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
There were some tense moments this evening when I inadvertently crossed paths with this Drop Chipmunk. Called "Drop Chipmunks" because of their habit of dropping from branches to attack their prey with their razor sharp claws. Drop Chipmunks can be identified by a hooked tail, which they use to swing down from the branches, and of course their blood curdling, low growl. This one was a little outside it's normal range. Many are reported during the day near Marijuana Dispensaries but most sightings and attacks occur late at night, just outside taverns and bars in tourist areas. I was startled to see this one on a local trail near the lake in broad daylight. They must be getting bolder.
Drop Chipmunk.JPG

Last edited:
There were some tense moments this evening when I inadvertently crossed paths with this Drop Chipmunk. Called "Drop Chipmunks" because of their habit of dropping from branches to attack their prey with their razor sharp claws. Drop Chipmunks can be identified by a hooked tail from which they use to swing down from the branches, and their blood curdling low growl. This one was a little outside it's normal range. Many are reported during the day near Marijuana Dispensaries but most sightings and attacks occur late at night, just outside taverns and bars in tourist areas. I was startled to see this one on a local trail near the lake in broad daylight. They must be getting bolder.
View attachment 839300
Awesome
We have drop bears here, but are often scorned
Until the inevitable
Not sure ours need the marijuana though. Gum leaf juice is enough for them

WhidbeyLVR

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Lyle
There were some tense moments this evening when I inadvertently crossed paths with this Drop Chipmunk. Called "Drop Chipmunks" because of their habit of dropping from branches to attack their prey with their razor sharp claws. Drop Chipmunks can be identified by a hooked tail from which they use to swing down from the branches, and their blood curdling low growl. This one was a little outside it's normal range. Many are reported during the day near Marijuana Dispensaries but most sightings and attacks occur late at night, just outside taverns and bars in tourist areas. I was startled to see this one on a local trail near the lake in broad daylight. They must be getting bolder.
View attachment 839300
Definitely, the eyes of a demon!

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Ovidiu
These are not going to be the hugest quality pictures, no excuse is good enough for mediocre pictures but here’s mine: I was going to my workplace for Covid19 test and I needed to get there in and out fast so I can get a bit of afternoon sleep before my night shift (which I got 2.5 hours) so 8 didn’t have a lot of time to focus on photography, all of these are happy-stances:

A young (judging by its size and shape) male fox hunting for field mice. I had about 10 seconds to get the images because I just came upon that moment and noticing how intensely the fox was looking at one spot I was expecting it to jump. I am sorely disappointed to see not just out of focus but motion blurred at 1/500 second, which I am convinced that Panasonic telephoto lenses do not play well at all with Olympus bodies because I’m noticing the AF, the OIS and the cameras shutter reaction do not corporate with each other at faster 1/250 second as I get blurry shots when I should not (at high shutter speeds, at simple backgrounds and no foregrounds, at consistent sideways movement, even with electronic shutter and medium speed of 10 FPS). More so after seeing that some reviewers are claiming the new Olympus 100-400mm f 5-6.3 to be sharper then Panasonic’s own equivalent.

A screeching (I think) swear words at me Buzzard, because I got to close to it’s tree.

From the same sequence, the bird was moving left to right relatively slow and about the same distance between me and it. Yet the E-M1 III still was struggling with some pictures to keep focus on while the background was basic grey, dark grey and sometimes blue. Faster then 1/2.000 sec. would have pushed the ISO to 3.200 and even 6.400.
And now:

A muumuu

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom