Wiki Pics

BobBill

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Bob Hively-Johnson
I am at wits end...can anyone advise how to upload a legit pics to Wikipedia? I cannot seem to do it...and the site is of little help. You can PM me, if you wish.

chuckgoolsbee

Mu-43 Regular
You create an account at wikimedia (wikipedia does not host images)
Upload your file(s).
Use the code supplied after the upload to link the images to wikipedia.

BobBill

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Bob Hively-Johnson
You create an account at wikimedia (wikipedia does not host images)
Upload your file(s).
Use the code supplied after the upload to link the images to wikipedia.

Chuck...thanks. Did all that. Gets hung up in permissions etc, and they are not needed. My pics, my property.

I put a pic into Wiki Commons, went into outer space.

Brianetta

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Brian Ronald
BobBill, that's the problem. Your pics, your property, and Wikimedia has absolutely no right to publish them unless you allow it. Bear in mind that their site is syndicated, and can be published in print. If you don't license your work to them, such that they can re-license it, they can't do a thing with it. Their only option is to refuse your upload.

BobBill

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Bob Hively-Johnson
BobBill, that's the problem. Your pics, your property, and Wikimedia has absolutely no right to publish them unless you allow it. Bear in mind that their site is syndicated, and can be published in print. If you don't license your work to them, such that they can re-license it, they can't do a thing with it. Their only option is to refuse your upload.
Thanks, Brianetta. I understand that, and have tried, nothing seems to work.

The site does not even recognize public domain pics, when sent...

Maybe I am doing something wrong in the process of submitting, but no way to know, when they do not respond...it works, I know, but very frustrating.

Maybe I need a step-by-step...

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom