WiFi tether of E-M1 while triggering w/ wired remote switch at camera?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by TRCPhoto, Dec 4, 2015.

1. TRCPhoto

TRCPhoto Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2014
    Princeton, NJ
    I am wondering if there is a way to control/trigger my E-M1 at camera while WiFi transfers the images to my iPad? I'd like to stay behind camera interacting directly with my subject while triggering with my remote cable switch, while at the same time have the captured images display on my iPad near by for the ad execs to review.

I know a similar question has been asked before, but not specific with the cable trigger firing the camera and there have been several firmware updates since and am wondering if this has been addressed and I'm just missing it?

If this can't be done does anyone have suggestions on what has worked for them? I have an Eye-fi card and am considering going that route, but transfer time is too much of a lag.
  2. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    My first reaction is to say, use the wireless app(android/iOS) and tether with the cable.
  3. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
  4. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    With the inbuilt WiFi I have not been able to use the camera while it is transferring a photo. But with an EyeFi card or built in tethering to a computer it works.
  5. Dragonfly

Dragonfly New to Mu-43

Jan 5, 2015
    Why would you use wireless and a cable?
  6. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    It's possible with windows using Camera control (Camera Control) and I'm pretty sure there's a version for android which also works.

I think you're SOI with an Ipad though.
  7. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Should have been an OR instead of an AND
  8. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
  9. Tony Rex

Tony Rex Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 6, 2015
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Tony Rex
    1. Get a remote trigger. O.IS app, or wired cable, (or if the O.IS app doesn't work simultaneously with Capture, check out my wireless setup: Wireless Shutter Trigger & Flash Trigger for EM1 )

2. Get Olympus Capture running on your laptop/macbook. OLYMPUS Capture

3. Get a mirroring app of your choice, then mirror to the iPad.

4. Win.