1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

WiFi image transfer on EM-10

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by h2odogizzy, Apr 25, 2014.

1. h2odogizzy

h2odogizzy Mu-43 Regular

Mar 16, 2014
    I ordered an EM-10 in late February and expect delivery by the end of April. After my friend who has a Panasonic LF1 told me he couldn't transfer images wirelessly from his camera to a computer I decided to do a little research. I have a Sony RX100II and this camera has a one click wireless image transfer to a computer and I assumed all WiFi enabled cameras had the same feature. My mistake...it looks like the Olympus as well as the Panasonic only have a WiFi connection between phones and tablets but not computers as does the Sony. It's not a deal breaker but is a disappointment. This issue is really never mentioned in reviews.

2. Swandy

Swandy Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 15, 2009
    No - as of now the only Wifi transfers is from the EM10 to the Olympus Share apps for either iOS or Android. However, I believe I read in a thread over at DPReview that the EM10 is compatible with the Eye-Fi cards (I think that is what they are called) and then I believe you can do a wifi transfer to a computer.

3. WasOM3user

WasOM3user Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 20, 2012
    Lancashire, UK
    Paul
    I can confirm the Eyefi cards will transfer to an iPad away from home and via the home WIFI to a PC or various "cloud" options from my EM-5.