WiFi image transfer on EM-10

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by h2odogizzy, Apr 25, 2014.

1. h2odogizzy

h2odogizzy Mu-43 Regular

Mar 16, 2014
    I ordered an EM-10 in late February and expect delivery by the end of April. After my friend who has a Panasonic LF1 told me he couldn't transfer images wirelessly from his camera to a computer I decided to do a little research. I have a Sony RX100II and this camera has a one click wireless image transfer to a computer and I assumed all WiFi enabled cameras had the same feature. My mistake...it looks like the Olympus as well as the Panasonic only have a WiFi connection between phones and tablets but not computers as does the Sony. It's not a deal breaker but is a disappointment. This issue is really never mentioned in reviews.

2. Swandy

Swandy Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 15, 2009
    No - as of now the only Wifi transfers is from the EM10 to the Olympus Share apps for either iOS or Android. However, I believe I read in a thread over at DPReview that the EM10 is compatible with the Eye-Fi cards (I think that is what they are called) and then I believe you can do a wifi transfer to a computer.

3. WasOM3user

WasOM3user Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 20, 2012
    Lancashire, UK
    Paul
    I can confirm the Eyefi cards will transfer to an iPad away from home and via the home WIFI to a PC or various "cloud" options from my EM-5.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.