Wide(ish) Angle Revelation!

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Bokeaji, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    so i have always been a "i need MORE ZOOM! MOOOORE ZOOOOM!" kinda guy in previous cameras, but since getting my ep3 and obsessively trying to be eric kim jr, ive discovered that the zoom just makes me not have to be brave.

i can get a shot from forever away from someone... but it never has the same FEEL to a shot i can get being there with a wider angled lens
    i think thats why i keep throwing my 17/2.8 back on... even the 20/1.7 feels too narrow. i thought id get the 45/1.8 and never take it off, but i find i keep going back to the 17 constantly

very much looking forward to getting my 12 soon, and getting to enjoy a bit more fSpeed and a dof scale for my up and coming, destined by the stars, street photography uberness
    :2thumbs:

2. I used to like shooting telephoto. I have lots of old shots taken with with telephoto lenses that I still like. For that matter, I still have an EF-mount Bigma 50-500mm which I loved. However, sometime last year I just stopped using telephoto lenses. I took one overseas for six weeks and would have barely taken 20 photos with it. These days I'm happy enough using a maximum of 105mm FL on my Canons and 55mm on my m4/3 gear. Wide and ultra-wide zooms have always been my favourite lenses, now more than ever.

3. chrith

chrith Mu-43 Regular

Nov 12, 2010
    The crop factor is the main reason for me wanting to go wider. I really have no use for anything over 45mm with m43.

4. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    I love wide angle shots as I find the subjects surroundings add so much interest to a photo. I love the 7-14 so much, but I have only borrowed one a couple times. I just bought a 14-140 zoom for traveling although I don't think I'll use it much past 55+mm. I will be buying a 7-14 hopefully soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 App