Wicked way to quickly change filters!!!

LowriderS10

Monkey with a camera.
I just got an update from Xume!!! They're saying 52mm adapters will be available in mid-January! Also, I should have a promo code for you guys to get 10% off when they do come out. :)

Again...I'm not affiliated in any way with these guys, just excited about a cool new product! :)

jloden

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Jay
Got my set of 58mm filter holder and lens adapters from Xume last week and I've been using them (so far with just the lens caps but I did attach one to each of my 58mm ND filters also).

I really like the design, and so far I only have one complaint/caveat. The original (pinch) lens cap will no longer fit once you attach a lens adapter so you literally *have* to buy a filter adapter for each of your lens caps as well as for your filters. That also means you just end up attaching your pinch lens cap into a filter holder which is then magnetically attached - so the pinch cap can still get knocked loose inadvertently and it can be somewhat awkward trying to lever the magnetic ring off without accidentally bumping the pinch mechanism.

What I'd like to see is either a design that lets the original pinch cap fit in place without an adapter and/or Xume selling their own reasonably priced (i.e. $5-10) lens caps for each filter size that have the magnetic ring built in. That way you could have a solid cap that fits with the magnet system, which I like very much, and you don't still have to worry about the pinch cap falling off.

All that said, so far no problems and I already plan on getting another set in 77mm for my other filters, and maybe one for my RX1's 49mm filter thread also. I really like being able to pop the cap or filter on and off the lens with a simple magnet, this is going to be SO much easier to work with filters from now on!

LowriderS10

Monkey with a camera.
That's an excellent "complaint," Jay!

Would you mind firing off an email to them, letting them know what you just told us? info@xumeadapters.com

They've been really good with responding to my emails, I'm getting the feeling that they're a small operation where your voice might actually be heard!

I think you have some very legitimate complaints and excellent ideas, that they should know about! (The cap thing really bothers me too!)

jloden

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Jay
I wrote Xume and got a reply back already - looks like a lens cap with a magnetic ring built in (as I suggested in my previous post) is in the works! :2thumbs:

I really wasn't expecting a reply back on Christmas day but they seem very responsive and fast with the shipping & customer service. Definitely planning to pick up some of the lens caps when they're available.

Latest threads

Top Bottom