Why won't Olympus Updater see my 17mm f1.2 lens?

zensu

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Bobby
I am the lucky owner of a new Olympus 17mm f1.2 lens. It takes stunning photos and I'm loving it. The camera (omd em1 mkiii) sees the lens and displays the info on the viewfinder. It also shows correct info on the EXIF of the image on my computer. If I go to Olympus Workspace to update the Firmware it only shows the camera and in place of showing me the lens it just says 1 in the first box and the other boxes are empty. If the camera can see the lens info why can't the Updater see this? Sorry this is turning into a long list of questions. All my other Olympus lenses work with the updater. Any advice or suggestion will be appreciated.
PS I've cleaned the contacts on the lens and camera several times.

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Also I will add, did the camera need an update and if so did you do it yet? Could be an older camera body with older FW needs the update before seeing that particular lens?

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I don't think any of my lenses have ever been updated during a firmware update. Should I check them out?
You can go here...
https://cs.olympus-imaging.jp/en/support/imsg/digicamera/download/software/firm/e1/
and see what version of your lenses is the latest and check on our camera which version your copy has installed. If there is a later version you can click on the description link for each FW to see what was update and decide if it is something you need (for example if the update is to support being used on the E-M1X and you don't have that body you can skip it).

Not all the lenses are listed but the list is listing only firmware updates so if your lens is not listed then it is still at v1.0.

RichardC

Pastafarian minister
Real Name
Richard
You can go here...
https://cs.olympus-imaging.jp/en/support/imsg/digicamera/download/software/firm/e1/
and see what version of your lenses is the latest and check on our camera which version your copy has installed. If there is a later version you can click on the description link for each FW to see what was update and decide if it is something you need (for example if the update is to support being used on the E-M1X and you don't have that body you can skip it).

Not all the lenses are listed but the list is listing only firmware updates so if your lens is not listed then it is still at v1.0.
You have solved OP's mystery. The 17mm f1.2 isn't on the list.

Real Name
Walter
@zensu, as @PakkyT noted, there hasn't been a firmware update for that lens yet. So, no worries.

BTW, you used the term Updater. BTW, I presume you know that Olympus stopped using Olympus Updater for updates after Workspace came out. The updater function is now part of Workspace.

Use Olympus Workspace for updating the firmware of Olympus digital cameras.
"Digital Camera Updater" and "OLYMPUS Master" had been provided previously for the update, but the latest software Olympus Workspace is recommended.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
How to update the firmware using Olympus Workspace
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
How to update the firmware using Olympus Workspace (for cameras that have backup function)

Cameras that have backup function (as of August 2020):
E-M1X / E-M1 Mark III / E-M1 Mark II / E-M5 Mark II (firmware ver. 3.0 or later) / PEN-F (firmware ver. 2.0 or later)

b_rubenstein

Mu-43 All-Pro
Also I will add, did the camera need an update and if so did you do it yet? Could be an older camera body with older FW needs the update before seeing that particular lens?
Bobby states that the camera is an OMD em1 mkiii. Too bad people are so anxious to display their breath taking expansive knowledge of all things photographic to not even bother reading the OP's initial post.

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Bobby states that the camera is an OMD em1 mkiii. Too bad people are so anxious to display their breath taking expansive knowledge of all things photographic to not even bother reading the OP's initial post.
Yes which has had FOUR firmware updates since it's release. Too bad people so anxious to crap on other people to display their breathtaking curmudgeonliness to not even bother to understand why the question about their camera body's FW status was relevant.

RAH

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Rich
Yes, I agree - I don't see any posts indicating that they didn't know what body the OP has.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom