Why not a Leica sized m43

Chow Monkey

Mu-43 Regular
People want to have builtin EVF and flash. Why wouldn't Olympus create a m43 cam in the size of the Leica M8/M9.. They would have extra space to integrate these things and the body would still be smaller than a big dslr.. With some weathersealing imo it could be the pro m43 cam from Olympus..

sidebysideep1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Chow,
It's my dream too. I'm not waiting for it but I'd love it if it happened.
Put a RF in a Pen and it's all over.

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
I don't think they need to go anywhere near as large as the Leica to provide an built-in viewfinder. Remember, the viewfinder of the Leica takes up quite a bit of space and the body was designed to effectively be a dgital replica of the M7.

Olympus will very likely bring out a body that encompasses a built-in viewfinder, yet retain as much of the small size as practicable. Hmmm? The M9 doesn't have a pop-up flash, yet no one complains. I just hope they retain the retro look of the Pen 1/2.

Cheers

Ray

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
Leica is Leica and will always be Leica

please gargle with mouth wash - "wash your mouth out"

and bow down to Solms

(no dumbing down please!)

just look at the two images - they should not even be on the same page

Chow Monkey

Mu-43 Regular
Or just put a good EFV in it... Would work for me also.. If therefore the cam would be a little bit bigger (Leica size) I wouldn't mind.. As long as they keep the same formfactor..

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
I was only mentioning size..

ignore me -just my meditations

"size is everything" - as the actress said to the Bishop

but I could wax lyrical all night about Leica - it's like turning, (Barbara Streisand - my taste - substitute yours), down

My therapy is to get my M6 out

Porsche - Ferrari and Alfa produce works of art (and cars) - Toyota, Ford etc produce cars

Panasonic produce TVs and (cameras)

Leica produce (works of art) and cameras

a proper RF would be really really good - even from Oly and Pan - but I want an M8 or M9

Chow Monkey

Mu-43 Regular
I consider the E-P1 a work of art also.. When I first saw it I was in love. The first time I could touch it I was even more in love...
Cams come and go. My 300D, 350D, 20D, 30D are all gone. The 5D will go some day also. But I never will sell the E-P1. Even when not used anymore I will put it somewhere so I can enjoy the design..
I don't have this emotion with the E-P2, E-PL1 and the GF1 to be honest..

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
but cameras are about something more that taking photos arn't they?

(has the spell check stopped working?)

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
Your'e dutch so you don't have any feelings, except for guilders!

I'm an emotional englishman who loves the germans, (!)

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
No I'm a Dutch guy who is building a future in South America. Makes me a bit more passionate than the typical Dutch guy:smile:

remember I'm joking most of the time, but the dutch love to sun bath and S America is hot

but we, (I,m), getting off topic

what are you doing in S America - sounds interesting?

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
I consider the E-P1 a work of art also.. When I first saw it I was in love. The first time I could touch it I was even more in love...
Cams come and go. My 300D, 350D, 20D, 30D are all gone. The 5D will go some day also. But I never will sell the E-P1. Even when not used anymore I will put it somewhere so I can enjoy the design..
I don't have this emotion with the E-P2, E-PL1 and the GF1 to be honest..

Chow, you nailed it mate... I feel exactly the same way. The E-P1 is the classic as far as I'm concerned.

Cheers

Brian

Chow Monkey

Mu-43 Regular
And today I received the half case and leather strap which indeed fits with the 20mm.. In combination with the retro bag I'm a happy person..

But we're getting off topic :rolleyes:

Latest threads

Top Bottom