Why MFT users are so INSECURE?

Bhupinder2002

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Aha, I just watched that review. I wouldn't take Kai too seriously on anything really. Lok only a bit more seriously. ;)

Me neither , I watch his reviews sometimes but most of them are the same. I would never ever take his opinion on any camera leave MFT aside . The guy is next to zero as photographer and reviewer .
Cheers

Bhupinder2002

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
My wife and I had that same discussion three times yesterday and she reassured me each and every time that I am completely "adequate" for her. Do you think that when she winked as she walked away I should be concerned? :rolleyes:
Dan

:wink::wink::wink::wink: :eek::eek::eek: I didnt know that Olympus and Panasonic also make some other hidden and exotic products:wink::wink::biggrin::biggrin:

WasOM3user

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Paul
Micro 4/3, or perhaps more specifically the OMD, were the first products to make me change from film. None of the Nikons or Canons ever managed that.

I don't mind if others think that my choice may be wrong - if everyone thought the same life would be really boring and if we all bought the same thing choice would disappear eventually. As my dad advised me many years ago when I was a teenager - "don't be a sheep and follow the herd - make your own mind up".

So as a true convert to m4/3 I now consider my right to push the format where it's the most suitable for the individual's needs. In six months I'm up to three "converts" with a fourth borrowing my daughter's EPL-3 just to confirm it will do what they want -initial feedback is good.

I'm not sure if Olympus or Panasonic have found the right method of identifying and converting the people who would benefit from the range that's both up from P&S and sideways (NOT down) from APS/C.

RT_Panther

Mu-43 Legend
They why we should react to even a review from an IDIOT KAI ? He doesn't know how to shoot pics , he doesn't know how to compose , he is not an authority over an format .. He is just a below average guy who tries to make every review funny with his below average IQ comments

The guy is next to zero as photographer and reviewer .
Cheers

I see no need for you to personally insult Kai.

You may not like his reviews but IMHO, the personal insults are not warranted as he has not personally insulted you.

pcnyc

Mu-43 Regular
Size does matter, but lightweight gears do have their benefits.

Went to the beach with the family yesterday, took the g3 instead of the d600 that I've been using for a while. At the beach, my wife picked up the g3 to look at the pics I took and was pleasantly surprised at how she could pick it up with ease, and proceeded to take a few pics... with me in it! It's been a while since I was in any of the family photos :p

LovinTheEP2

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Me neither , I watch his reviews sometimes but most of them are the same. I would never ever take his opinion on any camera leave MFT aside . The guy is next to zero as photographer and reviewer .
Cheers

That's a bit much. Just because his style is more laid back and more about actual IQ then pixel peeping and sensor specs doesn't mean he is knowledgeable. If you don't like his style, don't watch his channel. I never get why people slam other people when they have a "FREE CHOICE" to just pass on it and not watch.

Kai from all the video's I watch is definitely a Bigger is Better guy so much so he likes shooting Medium Format let alone FF.

His opinion isn't necessarily wrong.. for a pro.. he isn't wrong. No good long focal fast lens. High ISo not clean if a pro. Slow tracking autofocus so forget sports pro. If I was a pro making money off my shoots to be honest, no way I'd be using MFT.

MFT is simply for enthusiasts and he being a pro doesn't feel its good enough for him. There is absolutely nothing wrong with his position.

He does like the OM-D, EP5 and X100s as much as he can for a smaller sensor but he prefers M9, D800, 1d, Medium Format. No harm no foul.

Bhupinder2002

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
If I was a pro making money off my shoots to be honest, no way I'd be using MFT.

This what I mean from insecurity . There are many Pros who are using MFT for Pro work and making money ... Small sensor doesn't hold u back if u have talent and u know how get the best out of it . If a pro needs M9 or Nikon 800 to create magic then credit should go to Leica and Nikon for making those cameras and not the person pushing the shutter button . Then every Leica or Nikon 800 user should b a pro :wink:. I am sorry mate ... This doesn't have much weight . The current generation of MFT are being used by Pros already :2thumbs:
Have a look at this ..This guy uses only OMD with 45 mm 1.8 and FL600 . Show me a bad shot among thousands of pics he has here .He is a NY based fashion photographer Spiro.We just met on Instagram accidently .

It's All Style To Me -

Just Jim

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Actually, I think Kai was a professional photographer before this gig.

I thought he is essentially an actor playing a part, and the writing and production crew are the ones that spit out the segments. He actually has very little to do with, besides being the front face of DigRev, video reviews. I remember hearing that on some podcast or article, and there's typically a lady, I can't remember her name, that does most of the actual review work for the videos, she passes it on to a writing staff that puts it in to the character.

As for the insecurity, it goes with any branding. The ****** like nature of getting behind a brand will always introduce this kind of nonsense. We'll forever see raging insanity against the big boys, even when lets face it, they're good cameras. m4/3 are good cameras. APS-C are good camera's. Film in sheets or rolls, are good camera's.

I think Bhupinder just wants us to stop, whenever we read that were getting ******ish, to rethink that post. Delete it, or think in a more constrctive manner.

the bleeped out words, are fan Boy.

RT_Panther

Mu-43 Legend
No F-Boy here...I've still got my NEX & I'm also keeping an eye out on Samsung.
I figure why limit your options if you don't have to? :smile:

If I stayed a F-Boy, then I would've never sold my DSLR equipment & migrated to Micro Four Thirds :wink:

I'm open to anything :smile:

Kingsfan

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Q
But my 35mm camera was an Olympus OM-1 in the days I was surrounded by Nikon nazis convinced that photography didn't count if it wasn't made with a Nikon.

still true, i was at a swap meet and this guy had a table of slrs. i asked if he had any olympus OM bodies and he just laughed and was like 'only canon and nikon matter'

Dalton

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Dan Ferrall
The lens size...

No F-Boy here...I've still got my NEX & I'm also keeping an eye out on Samsung.
I figure why limit your options if you don't have to? :smile:

If I stayed a F-Boy, then I would've never sold my DSLR equipment & migrated to Micro Four Thirds :wink:

I'm open to anything :smile:
I sometimes think about Sony's NEX and then...the Samsung IQ is not bad. But, and this is a big "but", the NEX and Samsung lenses are larger enough (for me) to stop right there.

Think about what the size of a 45mm f1.8 equivalent would be in either NEX or NX? Don't even get near what a lens that would try and compete with the "Out of this world" optic that the Olympus 75mm f1.8 is. As a number of other users have learned, the 75mm seems just too long to be real world practical until you buy one and end up using it for way more situations than you thought you would. It is big...in the M43 world. It's equivalent in an APS-C sensor world just would be too big and wouldn't be easy to adapt to in the way you can with the 75mm.

And just try and take away the Panny/Leica 25mm f1.4 from some of us. It's gonna get ugly.

The vast majority of people who don't see the value in M43 haven't used an M43 camera in the field. When I open up my Think Tank Retro 5 and show a DSLR user holding her/his monstrous bag on their shoulder my lens selection, their eyes open wide and they ask to hold my camera for a moment or two. Then they hold their bag outstretched in one hand and my bag in their other hand...

There is a real reason some of us have chosen a great option for our go to camera gear system.

Dan

monk3y

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Steven
There are always insecure people in every format because of the grass is greener syndrom. I assume most people who get hit by this are people who started with p&s and climb up to m43... the natural progression for those type of people is to aim towards Fullframe and always believed that they need the best sensor to create the best photographs. I used to be one of those people, I started with APS-C then switched to FF then now I am on m43.

As a former APS-C and FF user, I already know what those systems are capable and have specifically chosen m43 to be my current system, I can say I am totally secure with my choice, I know what lenses I need and understand the limitations of the system.

I noticed that when I am satisfied with what I am getting out of a certain system, I rarely ever pay attention to any bashing, negative comments about it and start to even ignore developments from other formats.

I tend to go out more and shoot, post photos and stop worrying about what topics irritate me and what not.:D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Mu-43 mobile app

RT_Panther

Mu-43 Legend
I
Think about what the size of a 45mm f1.8 equivalent would be in either NEX or NX?
Dan

Granted, the 35mm FL equivalents aren't the same but you'd be surprised at how small the new Samsung 45mm ƒ1.8 is.

And Samsung's 10mm Fish-Eye is actually smaller than the Lumix 8mm Fish-Eye.

BUT....I get your point about lens sizes :smile:

stratokaster

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Pavel
I personally think m4/3 is here to stay at least for the next 10-20 years. It is the perfect compromise in size.

Given the history of Olympus, I wouldn't be so optimistic. Remember, they orphaned every camera system they had, and the E-System had a life of only 7 years, having been effectively orphaned since 2010.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Mu-43 mobile app

Latest threads

Top Bottom