Why is my print always dim

rkhndjr

Mu-43 Regular
All others are dark print and mine has never been. Anyone help?? I mean the print HER on Buy and Sell forum. What I post shows up dim and other posts are darker print.
Thanks

jeffg53

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Jeff Grant
If you are printing yourself, the most common cause of dark prints is a non-calibrated and/or too bright monitor. To get accurate prints rqeuires either a lot of trial and error or a good monitor which can be calibrated. I run my monitor at 80CD which gets me close to a print.

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
Getting accurately colour matched prints is not easy. You need to calibrate both your monitor and your printer if you want accurate colours etc. There are expensive and relatively cheap ways to achieve this and it's best if you Google 'getting accurate prints or print colours' etc to find resources to help you.

kwalsh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
A surprising simple trick to reduce this frequent "my print is too dark" problem is to edit on screen with a white instead of black background when processing for printing. Having that blinding white screen border will give you a better reference for what a reflective print is going to look like - especially if you've got your monitor too bright to begin with.

jyc860923

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
贾一川
a question could be what camera body are you using

I use EPL5 and the LCD always shows clipping highlight that it's never reliable, which is one of the reasons I'm using the VF-4

rkhndjr

Mu-43 Regular
I have all confused. I mean the print here on this Buy and Sell forum when I post the print is dim and all others are darker.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom