Why is my print always dim

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by rkhndjr, Mar 24, 2014.

1. rkhndjr

rkhndjr Mu-43 Regular

Oct 9, 2010
    All others are dark print and mine has never been. Anyone help?? I mean the print HER on Buy and Sell forum. What I post shows up dim and other posts are darker print.
  2. jeffg53

jeffg53 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Jeff Grant
    If you are printing yourself, the most common cause of dark prints is a non-calibrated and/or too bright monitor. To get accurate prints rqeuires either a lot of trial and error or a good monitor which can be calibrated. I run my monitor at 80CD which gets me close to a print.
  3. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    Getting accurately colour matched prints is not easy. You need to calibrate both your monitor and your printer if you want accurate colours etc. There are expensive and relatively cheap ways to achieve this and it's best if you Google 'getting accurate prints or print colours' etc to find resources to help you.
  4. kwalsh

kwalsh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    A surprising simple trick to reduce this frequent "my print is too dark" problem is to edit on screen with a white instead of black background when processing for printing. Having that blinding white screen border will give you a better reference for what a reflective print is going to look like - especially if you've got your monitor too bright to begin with.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    a question could be what camera body are you using

I use EPL5 and the LCD always shows clipping highlight that it's never reliable, which is one of the reasons I'm using the VF-4
  6. T N Args

T N Args Agent Photocateur

Dec 3, 2013
    Adelaide, Australia
    call me Arg
    Perhaps post a photo that prints dim?
  7. rkhndjr

rkhndjr Mu-43 Regular

Oct 9, 2010
    I have all confused. I mean the print here on this Buy and Sell forum when I post the print is dim and all others are darker.
  8. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    Try changing your font color when you post?
  9. ihateggb

ihateggb Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 15, 2012
    New Zealand
    I think posts that you have seen are no longer in bold font.
  10. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    That's it.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Mu-43 mobile app