1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

why is it said that the Lumix 25mm 1.4 was made for the GX1?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by gdourado, Aug 2, 2012.

1. gdourado

gdourado Mu-43 Regular

Feb 23, 2012
    Lisbon - Portugal
    Hello,

How are you?
    So, I've read over the web countless times that the PL 25mm is a lens "made" for the GX1?
    My curiosity is why do people say that?
    I have a PL 25 and I love it's IQ, both on my E-PL2 and my G1.
    WOuld the lens on a GX1 deliver better IQ?

Cheers!

2. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    I'm sure they just mean it makes a good pairing. It would produce better images than the G1 or E-pl2 since it has a newer/updated sensor with better processing technology, but it would be great on a G3 or GH2 or the e-m5 as well.

• Like Like x 1
  3. danska

danska Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Portland, OR
    Joe
    For me it is the pairing. The AF is really fast, handling is great, IQ is wonderful. Certainly it wasn't designed for the camera but it works really well! Sure works well on my EM-5 too :wink:!

4. nianys

nianys Mu-43 Regular

I agree on both counts. Size/handling combination is perfect, AF is blazing fast.
    Now, the IQ is not optimized for any camera in particular, but yes you would get a real IQ bump with a GX-1 over the E-PL2, no question.

5. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    It's an English figure of speech for a good match.

6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I said exactly that same thing a short while ago before buying the GX1. Now that I have the GX1 and E-M5, I feel that the PL25 is actually made for the E-M5. It's nice to have the IBIS, and the lens and camera balance so nicely. The GX1 (which I love) is smaller than I anticipated, so for me it seems to be made for the Pana 14/2.5 and vice versa.

I'm nitpicking big time, though. The GX1 and PL25 are also wonderful together. Now that I'm picking up the refurb Oly 14-150, I can see myself going out with the E-M5/O14-150 and GX1/PL25. Should make a very versatile two-body, two-lens kit to walk about with.

7. nseika

nseika Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 22, 2010
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Lois
    Would it be possible that the reason is as simple as how both are announced together ?
    [Edit] Sorry, the 25 is announced with GF3 ?

Steering out of the quality (because I never used it), the product’s image seems to be at the same level. GX series implied to be for the more “pro” market and the 25 bearing Leica name and is a fast prime lens.

8. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    haven't anybody heard that the PL 25 1.4 was made for GF3?

I'm sure it's a very desirable combination given not every GF3 user pays a lot on the lenses ;)

9. carpandean

carpandean Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 29, 2010
    Western NY
    Nah, it was definitely made for the 20/1.7 and the 14-42X. Love those together.