Why is it not possible to save a RAW file on my/the GX80 ?

Joris

Mu-43 Regular
On the GX80, in playback mode, it is possible to save a JPEG file using the F1 button (), but the same doesn't work for a precious RAW file : <<Cannot be set on this picture>>. Why ?

mumu

Mu-43 Veteran
Are you asking how to save a jpeg file as a raw file? If so: a raw file can generate a jpeg file but you can't go the other way because a jpeg file is missing data that the raw file has.

Joris

Mu-43 Regular
No... I only shoot in RAW, post process everything. I am asking how to mark and protect a RAW file from being erased inadvertently.

ScottinPollock

Mu-43 Veteran
I don't why, but favorite can not be assigned to a RAW file. But "Protect" can... so just use that instead.

Joris

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks, so it is not done by the F1 button but by going into the playback menu. You helped me to find that out only now. How odd to have a possibility for favorite JPEG files only...

Eureka ! "Protect" can be assigned to the F1 button instead of "Favorite". Problem solved.

Last edited:

ScottinPollock

Mu-43 Veteran
You can reassign the button to "protect" by long pressing it and choosing the Protect menu item. As for why Favorite is not available for RAW files, I guess it is just another idiosyncrasy of Lumix cameras... there are many.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom