1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Why I love Olympus.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by PaulGiz, Dec 25, 2015.

1. PaulGiz

PaulGiz Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 3, 2013
    Rhode Island, USA
    Getting ready to go out, for some reason noticed this hanging on the wall in my hallway. It's been there for years, but it became invisible. Picked up my camera, snapped it.

Mix of natural and incandescent light, High ISO, Auto White Balance, Aperture priority (stopped down for a little DOF), saved as JPG right from camera. This should have come out crappy, but as is the case 90% of the time with my Oly, image is quite good.

25mm, F4, ISO1600, hand-held @1/20 second.

Jerry2_zpsjhym6ubl.

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    We need a "creepy" rating.:eek-31:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  3. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    Think how much better it could have been if the capture was in raw format with a little post processing of your choice. When the camera saves a jpg it taking the raw file dump from the sensor and making its own decisions about the post processing.

4. rezatravilla

rezatravilla Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 7, 2013
    Indonesia
    Reza Travilla
    Agreed. I love the colour too. Have been played on ISO 1600-2000 on my last two professional jobs at church (baptisms), the image also very good with the prime lenses.

5. PaulGiz

PaulGiz Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 3, 2013
    Rhode Island, USA
    I know.

I save RAW + JPG. I'm not happy with the JPG, I process the RAW. If I want a special look, or to convert color space, or if I just need to adjust dynamic range, or fix most anything, I know what to do.

The point is that much (most) of the time the JPG right from the camera is fine. Better than fine, really.

P.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. bbarnett51

bbarnett51 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 23, 2015
    I have a Canon 7d and regardless of the lens I use, my Em10 produces better images consistently. That's just a fact!

• Like Like x 1
  7. jmoore5196

jmoore5196 Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 4, 2013
    Danny O'Day! Now all we need is a shot of Farfel.

8. gary0319

gary0319 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 26, 2014
    Sarasota FL
    I agree, I started out always shooting RAW + JPG, but after some months have come to the conclusion that I almost never used the raw. I can still tweak the jpg if needed, but most time it's already better than I could do with raw and PP.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Jfrader

Jfrader Guest

At first I thought "Howdy Doody," but knew it wasn't quite right. ;)