1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Why I bought the VF4

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by drd1135, Dec 27, 2014.

1. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I used to have a VF2, EPM1, and the 45-200 but sold the VF and body. I enjoyed using it for animals. Now I have the VF4 and the EPM2, a much better combo:

vf4epm2-L.
    "X100S"    ---          1/60s   

The combination is still pretty light but I can use the superior OIS of the lens and let the weight of the lens dampen some of the shutter shock. Of course, the VF4 is a real pleasure. I usually shoot in Shutter Speed mode.

The target of choice was our neighbor's 20 year-old cat, who likes to sun on the edge of our pool:

spie3-L.
    "E-PM2"    "LUMIX G VARIO 45-200/F4.0-5.6"          1/250s   

spie1-L.
    "E-PM2"    "LUMIX G VARIO 45-200/F4.0-5.6"          1/1000s   

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    I too have that combination : the resolution and sharpness of the e-pM2's sensor suits the lens and as you say the lens' own stabilisation is a real bonus.
    Focus is FAST innit.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.