Why female forum members are disappearing ?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Bhupinder2002, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi Guys .. Sorry for this gender based thread . I have seen that our female members suddenly are disappearing from this forum . There were few quite active ones but they have all gone . Do we do something to annoy them ? Do they get disinterested in photography soon ? Just wanna know :smile: I would like to encourage them to come forward and post more pics. I think they do look at the world from a different angle .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

2. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    One thing I have learned -- please ask the ladies what they think. Don't ask us guys what a lady thinks. We will NEVER get it right :)

3. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Mars Needs Women.

4. Bhupinder2002

MFT = MarsFourTHird ??:wink::wink::tongue::tongue:

5. nuclearboy

nuclearboy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2011
    USA
    We have had many discussions about having many discussions about hardware issues lately.

Pulling from the vast list of gender stereotypes, guys are more likely to drive this sort of hardware discussion while "some" ladies are more likely to get tired of it.

More gear talk = less XX Chromosome particapation ??

6. Bhupinder2002

Haaaahahhh I like this one :2thumbs::2thumbs:

7. Colorbright

Colorbright Mu-43 Regular

I'm female, and enjoy both hardware-related discussions and some of the 'softer' sided ones, too.

After all, to get the best (or as close to the "best" as I am going to get ;>) out of equipment, it's really good to know more about the actual hardware and physics of what we are doing, as well as composition, etc. and some of the 'softer' skills (like persuading people to stick around so you can get just "one more shot" ;>).

Colorbright

8. Colorbright

Colorbright Mu-43 Regular

Oh, and now that I think of it - maybe it's time for me to start posting some pics! :>)

Colorbright

9. Bhupinder2002

A very warm welcome and its so nice of you to come forward . I agree , there is no harm in discussing the tools which we use for the jobs and that way we can get the best out of it. My only trouble is when we get over obsessed with this all .
    Cheers :thumbup:

10. Bhupinder2002

Yes please.. I am gonna a start a thread .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

11. nuclearboy

nuclearboy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2011
    USA
    This is a major challenge in my family for sure...

I usually get a couple of photos of them grimacing at me...

12. foxtail1

foxtail1 Science geek & photo nut

Dec 30, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Kristi
    Speaking for myself only, I just ignore the gearhead threads, unless it's something I'm particularly interested in. (I will admit currently to following any threads on the G6, as I'm in new-shiny mode and covet new toys, but am forcing myself to wait.)

I just looked down the 101 Active Discussions to define my browsing, and I really do look at topics in most areas. The exceptions are the Olympus and image processing categories. (I know, I should spend more time in the latter, but there's never enough time for me to understand pp.)

But, Bhupinder, I don't really think you want me to post more images than I already do. I feel like a thread-hog already. :biggrin:

13. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Are most of the women gone? There are quite a few members whose gender is not clear. I think a lot of long-time members aren't posting a lot lately, including myself (although I am not female - at least I don't think I am). It could be that it's summer and we all have more to do outside.

14. Bhupinder2002

HAhhaahh Kristi . I would love to see more and more and infact I have started a thread - Female Photographer images only . Infact , u should take over that thread :thumbup:

15. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    Where would I fit when I take photographs while wearing a kilt?

16. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    Anywhere but the self-portrait thread would be fine. :biggrin:

17. zaloglu68

zaloglu68 New to Mu-43

Jun 16, 2013
    Turkey
    My opinion, females aren't isteresting in mirrorlesses. Most of them use dslr.They suppose to take for good photos you need a bulky dslr's. For their sometical tenderness its odd they arent choose m4/3 :biggrin:

18. Bhupinder2002

You guys are so bad :biggrin::biggrin:

19. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    I have a question to the female photographers here: Do you want to be thought of as "female photographers" or just "photographers"?

I'm not sure I see any need to delineate between male/female, or anything else. We all need the same skills and all obsess about our gear (I'm guessing).

20. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    In the Scots photogs thread. :wink:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta