Why do I like this?

Laserguy

Mu-43 Regular
Greenbelt, MD, USA (just outside Washington DC)
I took this the other day, cropped it, cranked down the exposure, and converted it to B&W. I am quite pleased with the result (despite overexposing the highlight and using a bit too shallow a depth of field).

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The problem I'm having is that I don't know why I like it, and while I'm quite sure that it's far from perfect (technical flaws aside), I don't know what I might have done to improve it. I feel like I could improve my photography, if only I knew what I was doing right and what I was doing wrong...

Bokeh Diem

Mu-43 Top Veteran
It is a VERY strong composition.

The eye has lots of places to go, there is much to look at, but it is all balanced. Take away all the leaves and grass and you've got a simple triangle of fence, lawnmower and tree.The strong perspective draws you in and keeps the eye moving; the tree anchors it. Wonderful stuff.

I also like how you got down low on it. From above, in standing position, it wouldn't have worked.

Bokeh D

Bullfrog

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I like it a lot. I especially like the way the tree, gatepost and mower shaft all give lines for my eye to travel through the picture. The tones are, as Lisa said, spot on.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom