1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Why Choose Mirrorless Technology

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by jgharold, Mar 31, 2013.

1. jgharold

jgharold Mu-43 Regular

Sep 19, 2012
  2. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    nice images... and I know you spent a lot of time on the video...and no doubt learned a lot about your video editing applications many features..but way way too busy

sadly not sure it conveys the message you are trying to promote.

Your images are very good... but they could have been taken with any camera by a good photographer.

just my opinion...

K

3. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Nice images (which cathedral was that about halfway through - St Pat's or St John/Divine?), obviously a lot of work, but I have to agree with Kevin. It looked more like an OM-D sales video, and did not mention other mirrorless or why mirrorless was any better than DSLR. Nice video.

4. OldRadioGuy

OldRadioGuy Enthusiast Amateur

Nov 11, 2012
    Austin, Texas USA
    Bob
    No comparison information, but a very nice video. I would disagree with the "busy" assessment. If one were doing a still image, yes, perhaps. But just look at the videos being produced these days. You gotta grab 'em with the visual effects.

Bob

5. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Totally fails to covey the message, and the things you've described in text such as live bulb & time are only available on ONE camera, they aren't benefits of mirrorless over mirrored; those are features that can be introduced in ANY digital camera, mirorless, dSLR, or point & shoot!

6. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nicely done but I don't get it as being for anything specific. To me it seems more like a very nice slideshow of your shots. If the point was to show that mirrorless is great it needed more info stating that. I also think it is a bit long, sometimes less is more. I also would not have used some of the special effects such as the old film look.

7. jgharold

jgharold Mu-43 Regular

Sep 19, 2012
    Wow, I didn't expect this post to have been taken the way it had. Prior to writing it I thought it would be nice to share the images in a different way but I see my usual style is preferred. As the say (You live and learn). I have now re-worded the blog a little to try and convey my message a little better. Be good to hear feedback.

8. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    James

your blog post reads much better now that you have more clearly explained your 'story'.

Next time you do a video, think a little bit more about the story and stay away from all the fancy effects :)

K

9. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

The redone blog post is much better than the last one. The video is still the same but since it is simlply an extra to the blog it works. Having worked in advertising, sometimes it isn't what you use but how you use it that gets the point across.

Oh and I agree that for most things :43: is the bomb!

10. jgharold

jgharold Mu-43 Regular

Sep 19, 2012
    Re the Cathedral, it was St Pat's