1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Why are there no leather half cases for the G3?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Jonathan F/2, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I've been searching for a leather half-case for the G3, but no one seems to make one. I think the the G3 would totally benefit, especially since it would make the camera easier to hold. SoundImagePlus' modded half case looks super nice on the G3!

Soundimageplus: Panasonic G3 - Personal Review

Anyway we can encourage manufacturers to make one? They even have half cases for obscure P&S cameras, so why not the G3!

2. carpandean

carpandean Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 29, 2010
    Western NY
    That's a very good question. I saw the one that you posted in another of his articles and asked him about it. He basically repeated what he said in your link. I'd like to see the back.

I was actually thinking about trying an E-PL2 case since they have the same width, but it's tough to get one that wouldn't cover important parts without heavy modding.

3. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Very tempted to mod my own if no one makes one. I'll keep the E-PL2 case in mind if they don't make a custom G3 case.

4. nycinfo

nycinfo New to Mu-43

Sep 4, 2011
  5. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks for that! Do they ship to the US? I want it!

6. ksn

ksn Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 6, 2011
    If they don't, there are services that will order and forward it to you overseas, but they aren't cheap. Probably looking at $150-200 for it (case + domestic shipping + international shipping + middleman fees).

New Real leather bag case for Panasonic Lumix DMC G3 | eBay
    this would probably be the cheapest option, but I don't think it looks as nice.

7. leungw

leungw Deal Hunter

May 26, 2011
    NJ
    Willy
    The case does look very nice.
    The site says Comming Soon, so I guess it's not available yet.
    Yodobashi's website has a release date of mid October.

8. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavel
  9. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    I followed the link out of curiosity (I don't have a G3). THEY HAVE MORE THAN 10 Available. So it's an ongoing item. Price is nice at $59.00 too.

Alan

10. leungw

leungw Deal Hunter

May 26, 2011
    NJ
    Willy
    The one on eBay is different than the one from Hakuba (picture in an earlier reply).

11. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I ordered the leather half case from Ebay. It's not bad, not as nice looking as the Hakuba version, but it is very well built with good quality leather. The case gives a little bit more grip and help protect the base. All buttons are easy to access and use. The case is a bit more brown in person. Overall, it's a nice case, considering it's the first on the market!

• Like Like x 1
  12. winx14

winx14 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 1, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    Bumping this thread. Anyone know where to get a black half case for the G3? I see a few on eBay, but they all have buttons on it.