Who's using the Voigtlander Nokton 35/1.4 (Leica M mount)?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by DeeJayK, Mar 28, 2013.

1. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    In an failed attempt to sate a recent flare-up of CLE (Chronic Lens Envy) I was playing around with the Matching Simulator on the Four Thirds site which I recently became aware of, when I noticed something that struck me as odd.

The simulator allows users to vote on the combination they've created and lists the Top 3 combinations for the last month. Right now, the number one spot is held down by the E-M5 + Oly 75/1.8 and number two is the E-M5 + Pan/Leica 25/1.4 -- these two combinations both make sense to me as these are certainly very highly regarded body/lens combos. However, coming in third is the E-M5 plus Nokton Classic 35mm/1.4 which is an M-mount lens which I have heard very little buzz about here. The image sample thread for this lens consists of just two posts by a single user in a single day nearly 3 years ago.

Obviously one explanation as to how this combo made the top 3 is that usage and voting with the simulator is presumably light and only a few votes could potentially vault a combo to the top of the rankings. However a single user is allowed to vote only once in each 30 days, so there must me more than one user who's looked at this combo.

Can anyone think of a reason why this combo would be so popular? Is this lens some sort of hidden gem?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.