1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Who's using the Voigtlander Nokton 35/1.4 (Leica M mount)?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by DeeJayK, Mar 28, 2013.

1. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    In an failed attempt to sate a recent flare-up of CLE (Chronic Lens Envy) I was playing around with the Matching Simulator on the Four Thirds site which I recently became aware of, when I noticed something that struck me as odd.

The simulator allows users to vote on the combination they've created and lists the Top 3 combinations for the last month. Right now, the number one spot is held down by the E-M5 + Oly 75/1.8 and number two is the E-M5 + Pan/Leica 25/1.4 -- these two combinations both make sense to me as these are certainly very highly regarded body/lens combos. However, coming in third is the E-M5 plus Nokton Classic 35mm/1.4 which is an M-mount lens which I have heard very little buzz about here. The image sample thread for this lens consists of just two posts by a single user in a single day nearly 3 years ago.

Obviously one explanation as to how this combo made the top 3 is that usage and voting with the simulator is presumably light and only a few votes could potentially vault a combo to the top of the rankings. However a single user is allowed to vote only once in each 30 days, so there must me more than one user who's looked at this combo.

Can anyone think of a reason why this combo would be so popular? Is this lens some sort of hidden gem?