Who's got a 365 Project?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by spatulaboy, Jan 12, 2012.

1. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    Is anyone doing a 365 project? I'm thinking about starting one, but don't know the best way to go about it. Any recommendations on sites, blogs, etc?

2. Rudi

Rudi Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 16, 2010
    Australia
    I'm currently doing Project 365+1. (What better time to do this than a leap year? :wink: ). Not sure what to advise you, except - just start shooting! There are plenty of sites to share your work afterwards. The important thing to do is not to get hung up on the details, and concentrate on the important things instead (shooting more). In my case I've decided to keep it simple and put my "Project 365+1" photos up on my blog, www.borrowedmoment.com, rather than starting a separate page.

Good luck with the project!

3. Jdumas

Jdumas Mu-43 Regular

I am doing one, my first, and think it is a good way keep myself thinking and shooting. Click my smugmug link to see below.

4. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    I did one a few years ago, and to be honest I think that was probably what got me into photography 'seriously' :smile:

5. speltrong

speltrong Mu-43 Veteran

May 8, 2011
    Northern California
    I've got one going on Google+ and Facebook. I'm just making sure to shoot something every day and posting them up in a dedicated album (Lightroom settings: 1600px jpeg with default sharpening for G+, 960px jpeg with no sharpening for FB). My G+ group is closed, but nothing would stop you from just making an album on G+, Flickr, or wherever and just posting. Social networking sites will give you more feedback, which might give you more incentive to complete it.

here's my G+ album:
    https://plus.google.com/photos/101965729258353073440/albums/5692098592688318513

6. Rob1975

Rob1975 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 31, 2010
    I completed mine almost 2 years ago... you can see all the images at

I also published a complete collection of the images through blurb.com

It was a great experience. I used many cameras, including a canon g7, a canon 40d, a pentax k20, a pentax k-7, and finally my e-p1. And no, I do not still own all of them. The only 2 I still have are the g7 (which is now my wife's camera) and my beloved e-p1.

The project really helped me work through the loss of 2 babies due to miscarriages. It also helped me reconnect with what I love most about photography...

In addition to the 365 project, I also photographed the first year of my son's life... titled "First Year", the book and blog chronicled all the ups and downs of his first 52 weeks of life. The blog can be found at Caution... speed bumps ahead

Good luck!

7. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    Thanks for the feedback guys! Yea I guess the main thing I wanted to know is the best format for it and what would be most motivating. I thought about facebook, a new blog, or flikr. Might go with facebook since everyone I know is on there and it might keep me motivated more.

8. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    heh, I think I'm one of the few people who found the 365days thing to be overwhelming. Though, it might have more to do w/ doing it as a self portrait, heh. It's very time consuming to do it yourself and set up I feel. I can't do that everyday I found and got lazy =)

I also tend to feel forced into it. Maybe that would be less so if I tried it again with a different goal.

Regardless, I'd say a blog. Push it out to social media, but doing it as a blog gives you one place to point to so you can see it as a continual series. Or to easier tell your story of a year. Or, you can do a FB/G+ pages for the project, same idea, just different format. The main point is separation.

9. shan564

shan564 Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 30, 2011
    Cool idea... I just started one thanks to this thread. A lot of the pictures up there now are of mediocre quality, since I wasn't actually planning to put most of them online... but I wanted to fill it up as much as possible, so I uploaded a picture for each day on which I took at least one.

Hopefully this will encourage me to take some better pictures in the next few months.

http://365project.org/shanulhai

10. Yotsuba

Yotsuba Mu-43 Regular

Feb 28, 2010
    Singapore
    I've started mine this year, hope I persevere :rofl: