1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Who's bought an E-PM2?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by svtquattro, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. svtquattro

svtquattro Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 24, 2012
    Vancouver, Canada
    Just wondering if any souls have received their E-PM2 yet?

Been actively following the chatter and personally it's very exciting to be able to get OM-D quality for about $500. Also more pocketable and less intimidating for people shots (I want my E-PM2 in white).

My local store says the Hurricane has kept some Olympus shipments from arriving today, as they received more OM-D but missing the box of E-PL5/E-PM2 orders.

Loving the simplicity of the Minis....now hungry for first impressions from enthusiasts like me!

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I can't make up my mind whether to get a Mini to go with the E-M5. Would also love to hear some first impressions of this camera!

3. svtquattro

svtquattro Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 24, 2012
    Vancouver, Canada
    Makes me even hungrier to wait as I bought an E-PM1 kit from another member here 4 weeks ago and never received it. Lost $305.

So this E-PM2 cost me $800. Makes me upset cause actually I could have had the OM-D with that money.

Paypal gift: bad idea folks.

4. mperete

mperete Mu-43 Regular

Jul 11, 2012
    NSW Australia
    Mann
    That sucks, man. I don't know why people still use/ask for paypal gift :confused:

Getting back on topic, I was impressed with the E-PM1 in the brief time I had with it. Now that I've sold both my OM-D and E-PM1 I'm thinking wether to get this or a Samsung NX20 for its faster max shutter speed. I've read the EVF frame rate is not up to par with the OM-D.

5. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Who's the member? So we know never to buy/sell with that person...ever!

6. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    + 1 (!!!!)

7. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I asked that the other member not be named here and in other threads but instead for the OP to use our feedback system which exists for this very purpose. OP says the camera was not received, and the other member says they shipped it. Obviously the other person may be a scammer, and I have contacted them and am trying to assist the OP. On the other hand, there are those who claim goods not received in order to try to get the camera and the refund. I am not saying the OP is doing this, but with no disrespect to the OP, we have no way to confirm one way or the other so I don't want multiple threads started to defame the other party until there is some clarification. This thread is now hopelessly off topic, so I'm going to close it. Feel free to start a new one about who has gotten their E-PM2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.