Who uses Instagram?

Robdog

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Robbo
Love it or hate it, Instagram is probably the most used format for sharing photos online these days. There is plenty of crap on there but there are also some really talented people getting around using iPhones and Mirrorless/DSLRs.

I think it's a great way to consume content while on the move and can be very inspiring for creativity if you follow the right people.

Here are some of my favorites that I follow:

13thwitness - Cityscapes / Urban
trashhand - Cityscape / Urban / Travel. The shots this guy gets with an iPhone are downright amazing.
camp4collective - Landscape / Adventure photography and videography. Simply awe inspiring.
colbybrownphotography - Landscape / Travel photographer
davemorrowphoto - Landscape photographer
jimmy_chin - NatGeo photography / climber/ mountaineer

My username is 'grantrobbo'. Would love to have follow some of guys if you care to share!

D

Deleted member 20897

I use EyeEm.

I dropped Instagram a long time ago. Might need to re-investigate and see if the climate has changed for the better yet.

sprocket87

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I use it but mostly just for my actual social circle (real life friends and family). I am much more judicious about what I post on Instagram than some other photo outlets. I don't batch upload photos to Instagram, for instance. But then again it's not really my primary photo sharing service, since it's more of a social media platform for me. But yeah, it's a great way to get lots of real, guaranteed photo exposure.

ahinesdesign

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Aaron
I've really enjoyed Instagram for several years now, but the signal to noise ratio is pretty terrible... Still, there is a lot of great stuff to be found if you are willing to dig for it.

I like it on several levels: being visually connected to friends/family (although I'm selective about which friends/family I follow!), getting inspiration from great photographers, finding things and places to explore offline, and pushing my own stuff out there. I don't post too many mobile captures, just don't feel the quality is that great in most cases; posting m4/3 images means that the workflow forces me to be much more selective since I don't have a WiFi capable body...

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
My parents once got an Instagram when I was a kid and it was the most wondrous thing ever. No one we knew had ever gotten an Instagram. Oh, that was a telegram. :(

Latest threads

Top Bottom