Who uses a grip strap with their gripped camera?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Ross the fiddler, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

On my E-M5 & HLD-6 I presently use a grip strap (GS-3 for E3, E30 & E5 with HLD-4 grip) that also has provision to add a neck strap at the same time. I intend to get the HLD-7 for the E-M1 as well (eventually) & wonder whether others find the grip strap gets in the way instead.

I'd like to hear from others on what they use & why.

Thanks,
    :drinks:

2. Atom Ant

Atom Ant Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Melbourne, OZ
    Adam
    Pre-μ43, I used the equivalents to the GS-3 or GS-5, but I they didn't work so well for me - maybe Olympus makes better grip straps than its competition makes. I just found them too restricting in how I used my cameras.

I don't use a grip strap, but I do have a plaited paracord wrist strap which is attached to the anchor point on the HLD-7. Whether I use the E-M1 in the landscape or portrait orientation, the strap is the right length - not so short that it restricts handling, not so long that it dangles unwanted. I find it really comfortable and provides goods security against losing the camera. I find it comfortable keeping the camera in hand all day even when using my heavier telephoto lenses.

Its placement means that it is not available when I don't use the grip, but in that situation I tend to use small primes and I'll either attach my PD strap or just toss the camera in a bag when not actively shooting.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.