Who to clean and lube lenses

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by jlabate, Feb 1, 2011.

1. jlabate

jlabate Mu-43 Regular

Nov 22, 2010
    Can anyone recommend a USA shop who will clean, adjust and lube older lenses?

2. Brian S

Brian S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 11, 2009
    Essex camera in New Jersey.

KEH camera in Georgia.

A CLA on this lenses can run $75 easily for a pro shop.
  3. deirdre

deirdre Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 9, 2010
  4. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    There's a small shop on the east side of Providence. they specialize in repair of cameras and lenses. He's been there for years, and has a good reputation.

Tell him Alan Roseman suggested him to you on the MU-43 board.

Zack's Camera Repair
    791 Hope Street
    Providence, RI 02906

5. gscara

gscara Mu-43 Regular

Canadian Lens Repair expert

Anyone living in Canada who needs lens repaired should get in touch with Ralph Innes, who is located on Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada. He does excellent work and the lenses come back renewed for another thirty to forty years of life. Ralph's web site describes how he got into the lens fixing business as a result of his love for Kiron lenses, which are notorious for grease breakdown jamming the apertures. Ralph recently fixed an Orestor lens for me, and he did an excellent job getting rid of the grease on the fifteen blade aperture. His rates are low, the quality of his work is high. Highly Recommended.
  6. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Clean and Lube Lenses

Hi Folks,

I made an inquiry for a fellow MU-43 member and thought it might be wise to post the answer on this thread.

This fellow is local (Providence, RI) he runs a one man shop, and has been there for more than 20 years, if longevity is a consideration in judgment, he's managed to stay in business for awhile.

Here's his reply to me when I inquired after the lens in question an Elgeet 12mm.

I would expect an Elgeet 12mm lens to cost about $40 to $60 to "CLA", clean the glass , relube focus, clean /lube diaphragm. Subject to inspection and other damage. Plus S&H.

This applies to many older non Auto focus lenses.
    Thank you

Michael Zacks

Zacks Camera Repair
    791 Hope St
    Providence, RI 02906