Who needs a stinkin viewfinder...

phrenic

Mu-43 All-Pro
That's not ugly. This is ugly.

mg3347.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

QFT.

uscrx

Mu-43 Top Veteran
You sir, have defaced a national treasure :tongue:

It looks a lot worse than the picture. But that cheap old flash is something else. I picked it up at a garage sale where I picked up an old Yashica SLR with Pentacon lens. Flash was in the bag and I tried to give it back to the owner because I didn't want it. He said I owned it ..and refused to take it..

Well... I gave it a try on the Oly.. unfortunately it only has 1 strength..

Nukyuler.

I have to set the camera on ISO 100, shutter at 1/250 and aperture at around 8 to 11.. It will blind you.

Stephen Geis

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Now that you shared this monstrosity with us, we need to see a couple of photos with this beastly contraption ...

It looks a lot worse than the picture. But that cheap old flash is something else. I picked it up at a garage sale where I picked up an old Yashica SLR with Pentacon lens. Flash was in the bag and I tried to give it back to the owner because I didn't want it. He said I owned it ..and refused to take it..

Nukyuler.

I have to set the camera on ISO 100, shutter at 1/250 and aperture at around 8 to 11.. It will blind you.

uscrx

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Now that you shared this monstrosity with us, we need to see a couple of photos with this beastly contraption ...

Why..certainly.

Test shot taken with Zuiko Auto Zoom 50-90mm at 90mm, 1/250 with Nukyuler Flash.

owlr.jpg

Cropped
owl2r.jpg

Luke

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Luke
LOL at the whole thread. Don't you have a grotesque vintage tripod to put that beast on?:rofl:

Real Name
Nic

Nukyuler.

From the Homer Simpson school of enunciation:

"Nukyuler, it's pronounced nukyuler"

uscrx

Mu-43 Top Veteran
LOL at the whole thread. Don't you have a grotesque vintage tripod to put that beast on?:rofl:

Actually... I do.

mg3359.jpg

carpandean

Mu-43 Top Veteran
mg3341.jpg
Does it want to be a Sony? 'Cause it looks like a fish ... er, an Alpha.

:biggrin:

uscrx

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Does it want to be a Sony? 'Cause it looks like a fish ... er, an Alpha.

:biggrin:

My E-P1 didn't realize what she was getting into when she found me... it'll be thoroughly experienced with all sorts of different gadgets and pushed to the limit of possibilities.

Sony on the other hand... I'm keeping a very close tag on their development. Waiting for the release of their new Full Frame... I may dump canon and make a switch to Sony FF and their Zeiss collection of lenses.

ddegomez

Mu-43 Regular
Another Magnifier

hood-2.jpg

hood.jpg

It may be ugly, but at least it's compact (and cheap!!)

Real Name
Nic
I've seen worse things made out of a plastic bottle, and arguably less useful. She definitely be a product from the school of bush mechanics, though.

klrman

Mu-43 Regular
the Dundee evf:cool:

:rofl: I'm going for a holiday to Australia in 2 weeks. Maybe I'll get one of those to impress the locals :biggrin: In all honesty, great idea actually, but sure is scary looking. I was actually thinking of cutting some cardboard to surround my lcd since I will be taking my e-pl2 downunder and taking many shots in the bright sunlight, but the OP's veiw finder takes the cake hands down.

Really, shouldn't Oly just have designed them better and included the viewfinder so we wouldn't have to go through all this?

uscrx

Mu-43 Top Veteran
:rofl: I'm going for a holiday to Australia in 2 weeks. Maybe I'll get one of those to impress the locals :biggrin: In all honesty, great idea actually, but sure is scary looking. I was actually thinking of cutting some cardboard to surround my lcd since I will be taking my e-pl2 downunder and taking many shots in the bright sunlight, but the OP's veiw finder takes the cake hands down.

Not sure that'll work. As scary as it looks, the viewfinder is actually fitted with a lens that perfectly focuses on the LCD screen. Your eye will be placed around 4 inches from the screen and without the lens, I doubt your eye can focus on the screen. Though I think your intention is to darken the surrounding area of the LCD with a shade... almost like a lens hood.

Ok..so my viewfinder won't win any awards for high quality material and workmanship but it's light and functional if you can get past the size.

Latest threads

Top Bottom