1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Who make m4/3 compatible flash guns

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Paul80, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Paul80

Paul80 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 6, 2014
    Hi all.

I am in the market for a flashgun to use on my G5 & GX7

Other than the obvious two go Panasonic & Olympus who else make Compatible flash guns.

I have found the following makers offing them but are there any others.

Nissin
    MeiKe
    Polaroid
    Metz

Thanks

Paul

2. robbie36

robbie36 Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2010
    Bangkok
    rob collins
    'Compatible' is a pretty loose word. A lot of M43 users, use Yongnuo flashes because they are incredibly cheap, good quality (and with the right set up, you can control power and zoom) for off camera flash directly from the transmitter. The flashes are manual and dont have TTL and HSS though.

3. jimworth

jimworth Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 4, 2014
    Norcross, GA
    Jim Worthington
    Quantum has announced they will support M43 soon. They were asking for beta testers a few months ago. However, the QFlash line is large and expensive. If you are looking for a smaller, flash to go on your hot shoe, I think you have listed the choices. Of those, it's hard to go wrong with Metz. They specialize in flash, have been in the business for a very long time, and get consistently excellent reviews.

Jim

4. Paul80

Paul80 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 6, 2014
    Thanks for the reply

I was thinking more along the lines of compatable with the on camera TTL flash control. Off camera is obviously more down to any additional features, which if I understand it correctly is different even with the makers own badged offerings.

Paul