Who make m4/3 compatible flash guns

Paul80

Mu-43 Veteran
Hi all.

I am in the market for a flashgun to use on my G5 & GX7

Other than the obvious two go Panasonic & Olympus who else make Compatible flash guns.

I have found the following makers offing them but are there any others.

Nissin
MeiKe
Polaroid
Metz

Thanks

Paul

robbie36

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
rob collins
'Compatible' is a pretty loose word. A lot of M43 users, use Yongnuo flashes because they are incredibly cheap, good quality (and with the right set up, you can control power and zoom) for off camera flash directly from the transmitter. The flashes are manual and dont have TTL and HSS though.

jimworth

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
Jim Worthington
Quantum has announced they will support M43 soon. They were asking for beta testers a few months ago. However, the QFlash line is large and expensive. If you are looking for a smaller, flash to go on your hot shoe, I think you have listed the choices. Of those, it's hard to go wrong with Metz. They specialize in flash, have been in the business for a very long time, and get consistently excellent reviews.

Jim

Paul80

Mu-43 Veteran
Thanks for the reply

I was thinking more along the lines of compatable with the on camera TTL flash control. Off camera is obviously more down to any additional features, which if I understand it correctly is different even with the makers own badged offerings.

Paul

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom