1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Who is gonna dump OMD for EP5?GAS is around guys ;))

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Bhupinder2002, May 10, 2013.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

:drinks::drinks: Chill out..I am not dumping it but I am sure many will be tempted to dump OMD or prefer to buy EP5 instead of OMD ? EP5 has all bells and whistles including 1/8000 shutter speed and built in wi-fi. I might get it as a second body . It looks like a doctor ordered MFT camera ( I didnt order it :wink:) . So , who is gonna put OMD on buy/sell section soon?
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

2. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    Hi Bhupinder. I bypassed the OMD and glad I did. The E-P5 body has the look about it that I like.( like my E-P3 ) I think many folk will do as you say- get it as a second body.

3. Bhupinder2002

Hi..Its so good to see u around :2thumbs::2thumbs: I am glad you did. I always hated OMD's hump and once I get EP5 , I will see how I go:wink:
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    Munich
    Ian
    No way! It looks nice, but it's not a step up from the OM-D. Especially when the OM-E, E-M6 or whatever, is just around the corner.

5. Ramsey

Ramsey Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    Zagreb, Croatia
    both the OMD and the EP5 are out of my league right now, but a little birdie told me the "pro OMD" is coming out this year. I can only assume that it will also have 1/8000 and integrated wifi. So if the GAS doesn't get to you, wait a little. Prices of the EM5 are definitely coming down later this year.

6. pake

pake Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 14, 2010
    Finland
    Teemu
    I won't be making the switch from E-M5 to E-P5 since I'm preparing to upgrade it to E-M6 in 6-9 months. It will be so awesome. :biggrin:

7. Johnny_Alucard

Johnny_Alucard Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 28, 2013
    Not me - I have an OM-D and an E-P3 + VF-2, I love them both and they suit my needs for now. Thinking about maybe ditching the E-P3 when the E-M6 drops, but not right away.

8. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    A new upgrade is also out of my league just now. But the E-P5 for me looks perfect . I never get rid of cameras...I just drop them Lol...:wink:

9. mperete

mperete Mu-43 Regular

Jul 11, 2012
    NSW Australia
    Mann
    If I still had an E-M5 I would definitely get the E-P5 just for the max shutter speed alone. I disliked having to use ND filters on adapted fast lenses. I like the body more as well. I've no need for a viewfinder for my style of shooting. Built-in flash is welcome too. Come to think of it, it's like a bigger, better Pentax Q which I own and really like.

10. Geoff3DMN

Geoff3DMN Mu-43 Veteran

I use the integrated view finder of the OMD EM-5 (and on body flash) too much to switch to the EP-5 even with the improvements the EP5 brings to the table.

I think I'll be waiting for the EM-5 replacement (EM-6 or whatever they choose to call it).

I freely admit the EP5 is one good looking camera though!

11. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    the max shutter speed also appeals to me as I also dislike having to use ND filters on fast lenses when shooting wide-open..

12. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy

Hi Bhupinder,

think this one will bring me into m4/3 maybe fulltime again.:wink:

13. Bhupinder2002

Come on mate ...Just come back . MFT is much more fun and easiet cameras to use . Pick up this one and come back.
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

:2thumbs::2thumbs::drinks::drinks:

14. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    Munich
    Ian
    The built in Timelapse and the remote release via smartphone, would have saved me buying and carrying around a remote timer.
    Edit: I just saw remote shooting is with iAuto only! So you still need another remote release for manual shots, such as studio and macro work. Shame!

15. Bhupinder2002

Yes Ian , I am also tempted :wink::wink:
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

16. Halaking

Halaking Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 17, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Morris
    Not me, I'm kind of satisfy with my OMD and EP3, will see what is coming, em6?

17. darosk

darosk Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 17, 2013
    Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
    Daros
    LoL, I just got my OM-D, so I'm not dropping it just yet. It's a pretty looking thing but the only feature that really grabs my eye is the 1/320th sync speed - being as I'm a strobist. The max 1/8000th is also interesting.

Waiting out for the 'next OM-D', as eventually I will need a second body.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Mu-43 mobile app

18. Gillymaru

Gillymaru Mu-43 Veteran

EP5 + VF4 + Focus Peaking + 1/8000 + Nokton 25 + Black 17mm 1.8 = SOLD!

19. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    Munich
    Ian
    I suspect there is a pattern forming here:
    • EP-5 YES!: for people who have an old Pen or PL/PM
    • EP-5 NO! : for people who have an OM-D or recently bought an EP-3
    • EP-5 YES!: for rich people who have more Pens than a nerds shirt pocket!
    • EP-5 NO! : for people who would love one but the price is outrageous! "My Honda cost less than that!"

Incidentally, is there anyone here who owns all the PENS? Got the whole set?

20. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    I think another way to look at this is "who will purchase the E-P5 for $50 more than the E-M5?" I think it mostly comes down to the integrated viewfinder being important to people, or if the upgrades on the E-P5 really suit someone's needs perfectly.

I know this has been beaten to death in other threads, but for me, if the E-P5 had a built in non-protruding EVF it would be very, very hard to resist. As it is I am resisting with only a little GAS at the moment (though that may be from the eggplant rollatini from last night).