Who got what from B&H????

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by stuntman, Apr 26, 2012.

1. stuntman

stuntman M43 FOR THIRDS 4 EVER

Jul 6, 2011
    Connecticut
    ED
    Just wondering if anyone is getting their camera from B&H. I call everyday and today I talked to Joshua in sales. He said this whole thing is killing him with no idea from OLY when the cameras will be there.

I called OLYUSA and got to the proverbial "Top of the chain" and he said B&H has been receiving shipments and they are going out on a first come pre-order basis. According to the sales room....they said they have nothing and have had nothing. They had a couple of kits with the 14-42 but other than that...zip.

I ordered 2/12 and should be on some kind of list somewhere but they are all in limbo with NO answers.

This is B&H thread as we already have the AMAZON thread and the OLYUSA ones going...

AAAARRRGHHHHH!

Sorry.....

2. sesomme

sesomme New to Mu-43

Apr 8, 2010
    Received my Black 14-42 kit Monday, 4/23, from B&H. Pre-ordered on 2/26.

3. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

Preordered on Feb 10. Canceled the order yesterday. :rolleyes:

4. timein

timein Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 9, 2011
    Ordered black body only on 2/7 -nothing yet. Tempted to upgrade to the 14-42 even though I already have that lens. Did get the flash and grip however. This has got to be a PITA for B&H.

5. okinana

okinana Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Preordered 3/11...canceled it recently!!!

Got a road bike instead. Happy with my decision.

7117345917_3500c4f580_n.
    Untitled by okinana, on Flickr

I still have my ever dependable E-PM1 and awesome lenses. I will just wait and see what happens next in the m4/3 world. If the E-M5 holds its ground and prove that it truly is a great camera then I might get one in the future. If something else comes along, either from Oly or Panasonic that would be better then I would be happy about not getting the E-M5. Whatever happens, I am still thankful that B&H was slow in fulfilling the preorders...that gave me the chance to really think about what I want and cancel my preorder.

• Like Like x 6
  6. mikemxyzzy

mikemxyzzy New to Mu-43

Apr 11, 2012
    Pre-ordered black w/12-50 kit on 3/28. It still shows backordered on line.

7. MikeB

MikeB Mu-43 Regular

Jun 10, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Ordered a Silver kit with 12-50 on Feb 8th, received it just about a week ago.

So the earliest pre-orders are getting filled, but there was clearly a lot more cameras ordered than have been shipped so far. If you didn't order in the first week, you're gonna be down the list a ways, and need to have some patience.

8. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I received mine at a local shop last Sunday.

You guys should check the local shops that do NOT have an online store presence (smaller consumer base). Our want for the EM-5 isn't shared universally which means some smaller shops have them sitting on their shelves. Another local shop said that I was the only person that inquired about it and didn't order many due to seemingly little interest. Heck.. I don't think I've run into another micro 4 3 shooter in a sea of Canon and Nikon...

BH, Adorama and the like.... well.. their consumer base is so large that it is bound to out number the cameras they get in their first shipment.

9. stuntman

Jul 6, 2011
    Connecticut
    ED
    Called again this morning........:horse:

I wonder if I'm already too late to pre-order the EM6????

• Like Like x 2
  10. stuntman

Jul 6, 2011
    Connecticut
    ED
    Nice bike pics!!!! :thumbup:
    Cheers
    Ed

11. stuntman

Jul 6, 2011
    Connecticut
    ED
    This afternoon I called B&H and Amaz.......:horse:.....

12. allenrowand

allenrowand Mu-43 Regular

Apr 10, 2012
    Portland, OR
    Allen Rowand
    Please tell me you ordered a silver 12-50 kit- that would mean I just moved up in line one spot :rofl:

Kidding aside, glad you wound up with something that makes you happy!

13. stuntman

Jul 6, 2011
    Connecticut
    ED
    Just checked my order on B&H and it says "In stock, sent to warehouse".

Has anyone gotten this message? Does this mean I will get my camera next week? (fingers crossed)

Again, I ordered on 2/12 so, hopefully, anyone that ordered close to this date should be getting the same message.

Cheers
    Ed

EDIT: Black kit FYI

14. rkelac

rkelac Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2011
    Which black kit? Since they had 14-42s available for immediate purchase on their website, I would hope that everyone that pre-ordered got one.

15. stuntman

Jul 6, 2011
    Connecticut
    ED
    I ordered the 12-50 kit if this helps.

Cheers
    Ed

16. rkelac

rkelac Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2011
    Great! That's the first I have heard that they are shipping. Maybe I'll get mine in a week or so.

17. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    it helps make me hate all you kit orderers =P I ordered a silver body on the same day.. I was hoping they'd release them at the same time since there are a ton m43 upgraders.

18. stuntman

Jul 6, 2011
    Connecticut
    ED
    I am sure that now the initial frenzy may be calming down you will get yours soon also. I know there are a boatload of guys that ordered the silver kit. I couldn't guesstimate the ratio but from what I've been reading here and elsewhere it's probably close to 50/50 on black vs silver. For me it was a coin toss. I had an OM1 and a Honeywell Pentax Spotmatic F in the 70's (Still have it in the original box) and the silver made me all nostalgic for the glory days of 35mm. I ordered silver and changed my mind.

Hang in there because you will have your silver soon.

Cheers
    Ed

19. allenrowand

allenrowand Mu-43 Regular

Apr 10, 2012
    Portland, OR
    Allen Rowand
    Same here, although it was the Pentax K1000- my first camera. My first order was for black, but when I re-placed the order to add the 40-150 I changed to silver.

20. stuntman

Jul 6, 2011
    Connecticut
    ED
    Just checked and B&H says shipped waiting for UPS pickup. I will have it Tuesday.

I sincerely hope that all of you folks that ordered around 2/12/12 get your cameras this coming week to end this aggravating wait!

Cheers
    ED