1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Who Else Ordered Peak Design Every Day Backpack on Kickstarter??

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Philip Scott, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Philip Scott

Philip Scott Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2016
    Valley Forge, PA, USA
    I ordered / funded the 20L version of the backpack. I love their straps and just picked up a Capture Pro Clip. Anyone else order one? I have been obsessing over watching the updates and hangouts as they make progress.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Harvey Melvin Richards

Harvey Melvin Richards Photo Posting Junkie

Feb 15, 2014
    Southwest Utah
    I ordered a 20L also, I got a large lens pouch also.

3. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    (CAN 'O WORMS)
    This may not be a popular comment, but I'll never buy anything from them since they associated themselves with Trey Radcliff on some of their products.
    (/CAN 'O WORMS)

4. NoSeconds

NoSeconds Mu-43 All-Pro

:popcorm2: :popcorm2: :popcorm2:

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Atom Ant

Atom Ant Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 24, 2012
    Melbourne, OZ
    Adam
    That is very disappointing. I quite like their straps. I don't like when brands use the wrong ambassadors - I have never been able to consider a Trek bicycle or, more recently, Baccarat cookware because of their toxic associations.
    :hide:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  6. PakkyT

PakkyT Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 20, 2015
    New England
    Not me. As nice as I am sure those bags are, I just feel they are way over priced for what I assume is a made in some 2nd or 3rd world country product. Perhaps if they were manufacturing them in San Francisco or elsewhere in the USA I might pay a premium. But even then those prices are beyond my means.

7. tm3

tm3 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 17, 2011
    What is the deal with Trey Radcliff?

8. gryphon1911

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    He is arrogant and egotistical. This article in particular showcases it in a nutshell and this is just one of the latest incidence.

Trey Ratcliff Photo Walk Derailed by Police in Atlanta

He also cares nothing but getting fame and money for his social media click-throughs. He is one of the people in this world that I have the least amount of respect for.

9. Angus Gibbins

Angus Gibbins Mu-43 Regular

Dec 6, 2015
    Brisbane, Australia
    Angus
    What's wrong with the way he handled this? Mobile phone photos are allowed but professional cameras aren't? WTF is a professional camera? Sounds like another incident in the war on photography to me.

I've never met the guy but I've always liked Trey. People I do know who have met him say he has time for anyone.

The extreme HDR look isn't for me, but I say good on him for being successful at what he does.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Angus Gibbins

Dec 6, 2015
    Brisbane, Australia
    Angus
    Oh. I ordered the 20L backpack as well. I love my Everyday Messenger but messenger bags put a lot of strain on my shoulder.

• Like Like x 1
  11. PakkyT

PakkyT Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 20, 2015
    New England
    Agreed. If this was supposed to be an example of how bad he is, it is a poor one. Instead it is a great example of people trying to stop freedom of expression and implementing & enforcing arbitrary rules with little thought behind them or the people enforcing them not fully understanding the intent of the rules.

Photography is NOT a crime.

And I had never heard of the guy before this thread so I have no opinion of him or his photography.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Angus Gibbins

Dec 6, 2015
    Brisbane, Australia
    Angus
    Almost positive they're made in Vietnam. Peak Design love talking about the quality of the materials in their bags, but yet to hear anything about ethics or sustainability of their products.

Typing this, I now feel uneasy about it.

13. gryphon1911

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    The problem is that he setup an event at the park, which has a known policy of requiring permits. He acted unprofessionally then went on to bad mouth the police.

He was completely in the wrong but pushed the issue on to other people having to deal with a situation he created and should have known better. Just because he is internet famous doesn't give him the right to do as he pleases.

I work with municipalities all the time and I have yet to have any kind of issue with any kind of photography that a 10 minute prior conversation could not clear up.

14. CyVan

CyVan Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 9, 2016
    Jamaica
    20L and Medium pouch here as well.
    We're having a similar situation here in Jamaica. Most of the Park or garden spaces that are maintained by govt agencies are now stopping the use of 'professional' cameras in these areas w/o a permit to shoot for that session but smartphones can do what they want. Permits cost anywhere from USD $23-75 per session.

15. jdcope

jdcope Mu-43 Regular

May 21, 2015
    Oregon
    That's your argument? That was straight up police harassment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. jdcope

jdcope Mu-43 Regular

May 21, 2015
    Oregon
    Nah, way too pricey for me. I do really like them though.

17. jdcope

jdcope Mu-43 Regular

May 21, 2015
    Oregon
    Never heard of the guy before now, but that policy is what was wrong there.

18. gryphon1911

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    Well have to agree to disagree.

19. gryphon1911

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    Point being, the rules are the rules. any issues could have been avoided by doing a little preplanning.

If the photographer's in the area don't like the rules, they can certainly petition for them to be changed, which is the proper course of action.

And besides, we all have different standards of what we think is appropriate behaviour. I never asked everyone in the world to not like the guy. I don't for my reasons and I chose not to do business with him or companies that associate with him.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    welp, he's certainly done a decent job at it if that's the case, heh.

I ended up with the sling myself. Wanted a medium-ish sized bag. Also not too fond on it being so expensive, though, I thought the kickstarter price was ok. I don't think I would have gotten it retail.