Who dares me?

cstevens

Mu-43 Veteran
Right, I have been working with a regular model for the last few months, we have some 20 or so shoots under our belt many of which can be seen here:

Project Marysia CM Photography Ltd

We have a major shoot coming up in a week, but also a free Saturday this weekend so we have decided to do some reportage style fashion shooting in a busy city. Many such samples in fashion glossies actually look more like street photography than fashion photography so we will probably air for that sort of look.

My dare, well we are going to both be travelling light so as to not stand out, I was planning of taking only my D700 without grip and a 50mm and 85mm lens, but then I got to thinking - could I do this shoot with a GF1 and 20mm?

Well could I :) Who dares me....I havent told her yet that the big guns might be left at home :)

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Craig, Craig, Craig,
Surely you jest my friend. I'm very surprised that you would even consider saying, traveling light and D700 in the same paragraph.....

Do the unthinkable, do the unmentionable, do the unquestionable.....
do the GF1 and the 20....
You'll be a stronger, better man in the end.... Stand up proud, chest out....
and say to the world.... I will TRAVEL LIGHT....and mean it...

we here at your home, mu43, lend our support in this emotional venture....

please post some photos here on the thread....

G1 User

Mu-43 Veteran
If you have an F>:43: adapter, bring your 50 and 85 also,..
You will love the flexibility and shallow DOF the 50 and 85 will bring you.

I haven't brought out my K20 or M5 since getting a G1 and M>:43: adapter :2thumbs:

Go for it....

cstevens

Mu-43 Veteran
Well by travel light with a D700, I did mean remove the grip and use a 50mm, thats about as light as the D700 gets lol....and of course I was leaving the Elinchrom Ranger kit i the boot of the car.

Unfortunately we called of the shoot, as the weather wasnt up to what we wanted, but will be rescheduling it shortly, so now I know you all want me to use the GF1 :)

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Craig...I'm sure you'll get great images whatever camera you use.....I lnow that from seeing your work and reading what's in your mind...
It's just now you wont have a shoulder and back ache......

cstevens

Mu-43 Veteran
Thats a great compliment, thankyou! Not sure I entirely agree, but I am my own worst critique :(

I know what you mean about back ache!

Latest threads

Top Bottom