Who carries multiple bodies?

Johbremat

Mu-43 Regular
Rather than why might the general populous, but who of YOU carry multiple bodies?

Intent has become truth for me, and I'm finding myself use an E-P5 for my primes (bar the O60 macro) and an E-M1 for my zooms (plus the O60 macro). I'm not sure if ergonomics is the word I'd use...just feels right to in my hands.

I've been known to head out and about with two bodies and four lenses. No one else?

That, or did you buy two of the same body to avoid changes lenses?

Petrochemist

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Mike
I generally carry two bodies when shooting µ4/3 but that's because one of them is 'Full spectrum' converted (for infra red work)

gsk3

Mu-43 Regular
I like small bodies and primes. Therefore I tend to carry two bodies relatively frequently. If you've got the bag for it, it's almost as easy to carry a GF3 + P20 as it is to carry the lens itself.

coffeecat

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Rob
I've got two bodies (G3 & E-PM2), but I very rarely actually carry both of them at the same time. I find myself being mostly a prime person, so when I do go out with both, it's usually one with either p14 or p20, and the other with O45 (or legacy 85/1.8). But I've done it maybe twice in the 6 months I've owned 2 bodies.

Not sure if I've answered OP's question, but there you go!

Rob

Ulfric M Douglas

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I carry multiple bodies, usually whichever suits the lenses that suit the proposed subjects ...
E.g. e-P2 & 45mm for portraits and daylight, e-pM2 & 20mm for no-flash indoor, E-1 & 14-54mm for wet weather.

alex66

Mu-43 All-Pro
Depends on what I am doing but if going out specifically to take pictures then yes 2 bodies one with the 12-32 and the other with the 14-140 and use according to what Im photographing/environment. It is a large over lap and I would rather just have a 12-100 or 12-75 even, then it would be the second body with the 25mm Olympus. A second body such as the EPM2 weighs so little and its handy to pull a cam out rather than change lenses etc.

Johbremat

Mu-43 Regular
D'oh. Probably could've done with mentioning my combos.

• E-P5 + O12 + O17 / E-M1 + O40-150 or O75-300
  • E-P5 + O75 / E-M1 + O12-40PRO

Can be a bit funky switching at times, though, even with 2+2. Looking to get a second E-P5 rather than a second E-M1.

Thoughts?

("You mad, bro?!" is a perfectly reasonable response)

GRIDDD

Mu-43 All-Pro
I used to have the Pana GX1 and Oly E-M5, and often had my Canon 300mm on E-M5 and some small prime on the GX1, and now i bought a E-M1 så then the Canon 300 stays on that and E-M5 is the backup with smaller primes on.

The largest camera i have on a shoulderstrap so it hangs by my side, and the smaller camera around my neck.

Johbremat

Mu-43 Regular
...now i bought a E-M1 så then the Canon 300 stays on that and E-M5 is the backup with smaller primes on.

S'pose E-M10s or E-M5s are something for me to think about too.

You using a HLD-6 with the primes or find it unnecessary?

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
I have two GX1 bodies I carry most places and the lenses depend where I am. If i am shooting an indoor event I tend to have the 20 and 45 on. Outdoors events I usually have the 20 and 75. Hiking I have the 60 macro and the 9-18 zoom. The lenses I carry with me everywhere are the 14, 20, 45 and 75.

Markb

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Mark
E-M10 w/ PL25mm, E-PM2 w/ P14mm. Sigma 60mm along for the ride. As Art says above, they use the same battery. I carry a couple of spares. All in a Domke F5xb with room to spare.

usayit

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I generally carry two bodies with primes.... doesn't matter which system. I prefer the two bodies to be the same make/model or at the very least have the same batteries and similar in operation.

D

Deleted member 20897

I carry 2 bodies a lot, generally for speed, when I know I will not have time to switch lenses.

For work shoots, I normally have a wide to medium zoom or prime on one body, then a medium to long telephoto on the other.

ijm5012

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ian
I carry two G6's with me, typically with either my 12-35 & 35-100 mounted , or my 14-140 II & 45mm prime mounted. The great part is that the bodies and lenses are so light, that I never really notice that I'm carrying two bodies, but there's a huge advantage in that there's no excuse to ever miss a shot due to not having the right lens with me, or having to change lenses to get the shot I want.

John M Flores

Super Moderator
After years of carrying multiple bodies (never two of the same) I've come to the following conclusions...

The Rules of Carrying Multiple Bodies:

1. The camera/lens combo that you have in your hand is always wrong for the current photo opportunity.
2. The lens that you want to use is always on the other body
3. The body that you want to use is always in the bag
4. The camera settings that you want to use are always on the other body
5. Nine times out of ten the camera/lens combo that you want to use involves multiple lens and body swaps. On the side of the road. In the rain.
6. At some point during the trip your traveling companion will roll their eyes or sigh as you perform Rule #5. For the 50th time. That day.
7. The most memorable shots from the trip are taken with the phone

:biggrin:

Ricoh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
I have an EM5 and an EP5 and chose the lenses for each depending on what I'm perusing on any particular day. Of late though I am finding it difficult to remove the Panny 7-14, it seems to have welded itself to the EM5 :)

Expanding the theme, how many of us would admit to carrying two cameras around our neck at the same time?

kinlau

Mu-43 All-Pro
Two or more bodies, nearly all the time. That's one of the main reasons why I use m43. I've been using a GF3 + 20/1.7 as a walk around, but I now have a EPL3 that's IR converted.

My GH's are often brought along for video on more serious outings.

Around the neck? Never.

Latest threads

Top Bottom