White squares in VF-2 on E-PL2?

Replytoken

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ken
There was nice morning light today, so I decided to take advantage of it and head out in my wife's garden for some flower shots. I almost always use the VF-2 w/my E-PL2 since purchasing it, and for the most part have been happy with it, albeit I have only had it for a month. But, while I was focusing in S-AF+M and S-AF modes, white squares, similar to the green focus squares, randomly appeared on screen while I was moving back and forth to see if I was within or outside of the minimum focus distance. Does anybody know if these are normal? I can provide more details if that would help explain their presence.

Thanks,

--Ken

EP1-GF1

Mu-43 Veteran
I get those on the screen (don't have the VF) on my E-P3 sometimes. I've never looked into what they are so I'll keep an eye on this thread too!

ill_dawg

Mu-43 Veteran
If it's a white box, that's probably face detect. Do you have face detect enabled? I never used to use it on my e-pl1, but I have left it on on my OM-D, and I have found it to be very liberal in its interpretation of what is and is not a face.

Replytoken

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ken
If it's a white box, that's probably face detect. Do you have face detect enabled? I never used to use it on my e-pl1, but I have left it on on my OM-D, and I have found it to be very liberal in its interpretation of what is and is not a face.

Thank you for the information. I thought I had disabled face detect, but things get changed often as I am still getting familiar with the E-PL2's specific options. I am sure that my wife will be glad to hear that her flowers have faces. Or perhaps she will be frightened, especially if any plants call themselves Audrey! :eek:

--Ken

EP1-GF1

Mu-43 Veteran
Yes, I just checked and I do have face detect on.

Thank you ill_dawg for the answer, and thank you Replytoken for asking the question.

Latest threads

Top Bottom