1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

White squares in VF-2 on E-PL2?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Replytoken, May 19, 2012.

1. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    There was nice morning light today, so I decided to take advantage of it and head out in my wife's garden for some flower shots. I almost always use the VF-2 w/my E-PL2 since purchasing it, and for the most part have been happy with it, albeit I have only had it for a month. But, while I was focusing in S-AF+M and S-AF modes, white squares, similar to the green focus squares, randomly appeared on screen while I was moving back and forth to see if I was within or outside of the minimum focus distance. Does anybody know if these are normal? I can provide more details if that would help explain their presence.

Thanks,

--Ken

2. EP1-GF1

EP1-GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 12, 2011
    I get those on the screen (don't have the VF) on my E-P3 sometimes. I've never looked into what they are so I'll keep an eye on this thread too!

3. ill_dawg

ill_dawg Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2010
    If it's a white box, that's probably face detect. Do you have face detect enabled? I never used to use it on my e-pl1, but I have left it on on my OM-D, and I have found it to be very liberal in its interpretation of what is and is not a face.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    Thank you for the information. I thought I had disabled face detect, but things get changed often as I am still getting familiar with the E-PL2's specific options. I am sure that my wife will be glad to hear that her flowers have faces. Or perhaps she will be frightened, especially if any plants call themselves Audrey! :eek:

--Ken

5. olydebut

olydebut Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 9, 2012
  6. EP1-GF1

EP1-GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 12, 2011
    Yes, I just checked and I do have face detect on.

Thank you ill_dawg for the answer, and thank you Replytoken for asking the question.