white E-PM2 + 14-42 for $200 + 15% savings...ends tonight

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by demiro, Aug 25, 2014.

1. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
  2. flamingfish

flamingfish Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 16, 2012
    Emily
    The 14-42 EZ for $279 -15% is also still live, if anyone wants one.

3. Theo

Theo Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2013
    Canada
    Theo K.
    That's a ridiculous fire sale price, but how many E-PM2 can one buy? This is great for people getting into MFT.

• Like Like x 1
  4. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    It is a great price, but as I already have an E-M1 and an E-PL5 (as well as an XZ-10 and a Nikon 1 V2), I don't see when I'd ever use this.

5. playak47

playak47 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 4, 2010
    I bought e-pm2 to complement my e-m5. $181 after taxes, once I sell the lens the price is a no brainer. Thanks for the post!

6. flamingfish

flamingfish Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 16, 2012
    Emily
    It's a great price, but man, that white is fugly. There's a reason it's so cheap (and still available)!

7. eljay

eljay Mu-43 Regular

Jul 8, 2013
    Why did I have to see this?!
    EPM2 kit is on its way! :)
    Actually, the timing is great given that I just sold my GX1 and waiting for that new rumoured Panny camera that will drop GX7 prices even lower - I hope. :biggrin:

8. ScottGee1

ScottGee1 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2014
    Motown!
    :biglaugh:
    Tru dat!

9. yakky

yakky Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    I have a black and two whites... I think the white looks better, the black body looks like it is made out of super cheap plastic. Either way at about $110 net for a body, and an excellent one at that, this is really a no brainer.

10. madmaxmedia

madmaxmedia Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2010
    I don't think the white looks bad at all, nor the black. The silver is the one that looks like cheaper plastic to me (although I'm sure someone will chime in shortly who is proud of his silver E-PM2) :smile:

11. seattlebruin

seattlebruin Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 22, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    I really like both, honestly. Plus this is so cheap that since my girlfriend wants to learn photography, I literally can't think of a better kit than an E-PM2 for P&S ease of use and pure capability

12. gpburdell

gpburdell Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 16, 2014
    I have a black PM2 on its way to me. I'm probably going to convert it to IR after I've had a play with it for a while.

13. Evan614

Evan614 Mu-43 Regular

May 6, 2014
    BuckeyeState
    I got one converted to full spectrum and the other not converted.
    Conversion from ebay was around $140 i think.

14. gpburdell

gpburdell Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 16, 2014
    Sounds like that guy who posts on dpreview for sale forum with eBay links. Rensol/image-laboratory I think. I assume all was good and no complaints?

15. sebs_color

sebs_color Mu-43 Regular

Jan 5, 2014
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Sebastian
    Just curious.. What is this IR conversion you guys are speaking of?

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43

16. gpburdell

gpburdell Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 16, 2014
    IR = Infrared. I'm unsure how detailed to go here, so I'll just touch the surface. Most digital cameras have a "hot mirror" filter built in that only allows visible light to reach the sensor. IR conversion means replacing this filter with a different one that only allows infrared light to reach the sensor, thereby allowing infrared photography. Variations on this include a full-spectrum conversion where the filter is replaced with just plain glass and the owner then uses IR or hot mirror or UV-pass filters on the lenses depending on what he or she wishes to achieve that session.

See http://infrared-photography.freeforums.net/ for more info on IR photography.

17. Evan614

Evan614 Mu-43 Regular

May 6, 2014
    BuckeyeState
    I think it was image-lab
    Quick turnaround. got MY camera back (ie not swapped) also got my hot mirror back... to re-install if I have to.
    I have not pixel peeped.... but have not noticed any dust.
    no regrets at this point.
    I also picked up a cheap IR 720 filter since I did pick full spectrum