White box Nocticron?

usayit

Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Cruzan80

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Sean Rastsmith
OEM vs. Retail
The retail and OEM versions usually will have the same exact product, however the retail version usually will come with bundled software, retail packaging, and more bells and whistles so to speak. OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer), White Box, Brown Box versions will come with the actual product and usually the drivers, no special packaging or software. Occasionally the retail version will accompany a longer warranty.
Suggestion: Check out the manufacturer's website, to see what all is included.

White box and OEM are usually synonymous. However, this is the first I have heard of Panasonic offering lenses in this way.

usayit

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
That's what I know BUT I have not seen a nocticron bundled OEM at all... so it's a bit confusing. But someone is sure to pick it up at a reduced price... good for them

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yohan Pamudji

Mu-43 Veteran
http://www.uniquephoto.com/product/panasonic-lumix-leica-42-5mm-f-1-2-white-boxusa-/

Not sure what they mean by white box usa but its listed at $1299 which is a couple hundred cheaper than listed new. I'd check it out myself (its local to me) but i'm not really interested in the lens.

Not a couple hundred but $300 cheaper than new! I've heard good things about Unique Photo but never bought from them myself. Yeah, "white box" is usually kit lens type stuff, which I don't think there's such a thing for this lens. Maybe refurb or returned lenses that can no longer be sold new? A bit early for that seems like to me.

HappyFish

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Chad
saw some other place had box damaged 42.5 ? forgot where I kinda wonder if something happened to a shipment of them and all boxes were damaged somehow ?

kwalsh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Sigh... I was trying to not buy this lens.

I'll let you guys know what "White Box" means when it shows up here in a few days :rolleyes:

usayit

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
To whomever gets to the deal.... Enjoy!

Hey UP... Throw some reward points my way wink wink.

They are an honest shop... Although I wonder how they can be out of stock of stuff in such a large warehouse. Perhaps its just the stuff that I am interested in. hahaha They are conveniently local to me and have a good showroom (much improved over their previous location). Made quite a few purchases in person... Recently the Olympus 25mm. About the only stuff I prefer to go somewhere else is for Leica purchases. I have a Leica dealer I have been going to for years...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mu-43 mobile app

Yohan Pamudji

Mu-43 Veteran
saw some other place had box damaged 42.5 ? forgot where I kinda wonder if something happened to a shipment of them and all boxes were damaged somehow ?

That was Kenmore Camera. I posted that deal a few days ago. It was $1450, so if this Unique Photo deal at $1300 comes with all the goodies except for an original box then that's a screaming deal.

Yohan Pamudji

Mu-43 Veteran
When you click the "IN THE BOX" tab all it says is "Panasonic Lumix Leica 42.5mm F/1.2 White Box (USA)". Hope you don't just get the box :biggrin: Just kidding. Unique Photo are good folks from what I've heard.

HappyFish

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Chad
Yeah was you :)
Do wonder why these are showing ? Container moisture damage or what
Did anyone say what kinda damage the boxes had ?

That was Kenmore Camera. I posted that deal a few days ago. It was $1450, so if this Unique Photo deal at $1300 comes with all the goodies except for an original box then that's a screaming deal.

Yohan Pamudji

Mu-43 Veteran
Yeah was you :)
Do wonder why these are showing ? Container moisture damage or what
Did anyone say what kinda damage the boxes had ?

The eBay listing for that one showed a picture of a box with a small dent in one of the corners. I got mine in today (figures there's a cheaper deal the same day I get mine :D) and no dents anywhere. Some thin scratches on one side of the box that I never would have looked for let alone mentioned if not for the whole "damaged box" listing. Very pleased so far.

FlyPenFly

Mu-43 Veteran
Or they could just be merchants who ordered a lot of these and are looking for an excuse to move them at below MSRP because they're not selling at MSRP.

0dBm

Mu-43 Top Veteran
In other industries, "white box" means sold to government or large entities. In another life, I was issued many, many boxes of rifle and pistol cartridges in unmarked white boxes.

Latest threads

Top Bottom