While my EPM1 gently weeps...

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by WT21, Aug 11, 2012.

1. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Uh oh...

I rented an OMD last weekend, and forgot how much I like buttons and controls. Additionally, I wanted a bigger body because I want to try using some flash (getting an FL600R for my birthday). So, I sold my 2nd EPM1 for an EP3.

At the same time, I purchased an RX100 to try it out.

Now my poor, faithful EPM1 feels squeezed out :frown:

She's got 6500 shutter actuations, she went back to Oly once in her youth for IBIS fix. She shows a little sign of wear on the shutter button, though still as gorgeous as ever. But when will I pick her up again?

The one upside is that she's worth so little now on the market, that I will just keep her, and maybe it'll be one of those "boy I missed this camera" reunions in the fall.

Still, she sits idly by for now.

• Like Like x 1
  2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    I really like my E-P3 so I can understand why you bought one - perhaps the day will come when you need something small and stealthy and can pick up that lonely little E-PM1 again. :smile:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Yes, my E-PM1 is feeling rather lonely too (since I sprang for a silver E-M5 body). I missed more controls, and I needed the better high ISO and IBIS performance, not to mention IBIS in the viewfinder. The mini's not quite as lonely as my LX-5, but I figure it's worth more as an extra than on the resale market, so no point in selling. :eek:
  4. spinyman

spinyman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 19, 2010
    San Diego
    Are those finger grips?
  5. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    My e30 got lonely, so I HAD to buy an em5 and x100 so the ep3 could join it on the shelf. I'm giving like that. Lol

- Eliot@Austin, TX
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Are you willing to sell it? thats the exact setup i would like to get for my fiancee, she would love her, pm me if you decide to sell it!
  7. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Yes, cheapie little furniture pads. The are MAGIC and cost a couple of bucks.
  8. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Not ready to sell her yet. I'll sleep on it though :)