1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

While my EPM1 gently weeps...

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by WT21, Aug 11, 2012.

1. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Uh oh...

I rented an OMD last weekend, and forgot how much I like buttons and controls. Additionally, I wanted a bigger body because I want to try using some flash (getting an FL600R for my birthday). So, I sold my 2nd EPM1 for an EP3.

At the same time, I purchased an RX100 to try it out.

Now my poor, faithful EPM1 feels squeezed out :frown:

She's got 6500 shutter actuations, she went back to Oly once in her youth for IBIS fix. She shows a little sign of wear on the shutter button, though still as gorgeous as ever. But when will I pick her up again?

The one upside is that she's worth so little now on the market, that I will just keep her, and maybe it'll be one of those "boy I missed this camera" reunions in the fall.

Still, she sits idly by for now.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I really like my E-P3 so I can understand why you bought one - perhaps the day will come when you need something small and stealthy and can pick up that lonely little E-PM1 again. :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  3. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Yes, my E-PM1 is feeling rather lonely too (since I sprang for a silver E-M5 body). I missed more controls, and I needed the better high ISO and IBIS performance, not to mention IBIS in the viewfinder. The mini's not quite as lonely as my LX-5, but I figure it's worth more as an extra than on the resale market, so no point in selling. :eek:

4. spinyman

spinyman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 19, 2010
    San Diego
    Are those finger grips?

5. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    My e30 got lonely, so I HAD to buy an em5 and x100 so the ep3 could join it on the shelf. I'm giving like that. Lol

- Eliot@Austin, TX

• Like Like x 2
  6. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    Are you willing to sell it? thats the exact setup i would like to get for my fiancee, she would love her, pm me if you decide to sell it!

7. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Yes, cheapie little furniture pads. The are MAGIC and cost a couple of bucks.

8. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Not ready to sell her yet. I'll sleep on it though :)