Which would you choose?

grcolts

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Gary
Which lens would you choose for shooting with a G9 for night sky shots and landscapes?
Panasonic 14/2.4, Panasonic 15/1.7 or Sigma 16.1.4? I know the Sigma lens is weather resistant which is a plus but optically which would be better?

GQR

RAH

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Rich
Panasonic 15/1.7
Edit: There's a way to set up a poll on this forum for this type of question. You might consider looking into that. :)

Last edited:
Real Name
Andrew L
If the 15mm is wide enough, it might be a good choice. There is also an Olympus 12mm, and I believe Rokinon keeps going wider, though manual focus.

grcolts

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Gary
If the 15mm is wide enough, it might be a good choice. There is also an Olympus 12mm, and I believe Rokinon keeps going wider, though manual focus.
I know there are some wider lens but I want one that also has AF not just manual focus as this lens will be used for several types of shooting.

grcolts

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Gary
None of them. Sky shots - Olympus 8mm fisheye. Landscapes - PL 8-18.
Fisheye lens won't work for what I want out of this lens. I have considered the Panny 8-18 but it is on the pricy side, although I have not totally ruled it out. Thanks.

ChuckG

Mu-43 Regular
One lens to rule them all = Panasonic 10-25mm f1.7
I looked at this lens for museum and general interior shooting. It looks great but not in my budget at this time. I would choose this lens for the versatality of it.

Brownie

Thread Killer Extraordinaire
Real Name
Tim
Thanks...am checking into those possibilities.
Check everywhere daily. I watched an 8-18 on craigslist for a couple of months. It kept getting lower and lower, I finally bit at $550 with hood and caps.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom