1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Which Will Deliver More, B&H or Amazon (EM5)

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by nueces snapper, Mar 9, 2012.

1. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

Starting to wonder if I should go ahead and cancel one of my pre-ordered cameras. I have a history with B&H and Amazon is a total unknown as far as cameras or electronics goes.

But I'll go with either if I feel one will deliver first. Any thoughts? :daz:

2. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Nobody has better access to cameras than B&H. Maybe Adorama.

• Like Like x 1
  3. asaulo1

asaulo1 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 21, 2012
    I ordered mine from Amazon... So far, they have been pretty good in being fast as to delivering "just released" items on time.... If you're an amazon prime member, you get next-day shipping for only $4 more and no tax....

• Like Like x 1
  4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    In my experience, B&H seems to be more consistent in delivering the goods. One thing to know about Amazon is that if you change your shipping method (eg, from 2-day free to $3.99 overnight as a Prime member), you go back to the end of the waiting list!

• Like Like x 2
  5. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    My prediction:

1. Olympus' own online store
    2. B&H
    3. Adorama (actually neck-to-neck with B&H)
    4. Amazon

I ordered mine from Adorama. Even if the E-M5 goes up on Olympus' store first, I'll wait it out. Tax on $1k is significant!

• Like Like x 1
  6. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    I am guessing that the Olympus America store will get stock one week before any of the resellers. :eek:

Also, I will predict that Amazon has pretty good availability and timing relative to B&H. This is the first time Amazon, to my knowledge, has offered a preorder on Oly gear. I am thinking that they would be able to strong arm at least as good of a position as B & H.

7. MrKal_El

MrKal_El Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 24, 2011
    What sucks is I specifically didnt see the option for my next day delivery when I ordered in Feb...but on new pre-orders the option is there....But now I dont wanna touch it...

8. thinkcooper

thinkcooper Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 29, 2011
    Call me weird. I pre-ordered the E-M5 and grip from the Olympus store, from within California. $130 in tax. The way I figure it, the state could use the tax revenue, and I don't mind paying it.

Called Olympus yesterday and they said pre-orders were scheduled to be filled in mid-April.

9. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

Don't encourage them. :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  10. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Looks like local brick n' mortar stores are giving the big online stores a run for the money!

11. stuntman

stuntman M43 FOR THIRDS 4 EVER

Jul 6, 2011
    Connecticut
    ED
    I just posted this under the B&H order thread. I hope this helps.

"Sorry for being away from this thread but, work has kept me hopping.

I received my camera from B&H on Tuesday after ordering the black kit on 2/12/12. Just an FYI. If you are close to this order date I would just hang on.

I was in Milford Photo today here in Milford CT and they initially got 2 cameras which sold immediately. I was buying a new bag for the EM5 and their main Olympus guy Chris informed me that they were eagerly waiting for the next shipment which should arrive this week.

Cheers
    Ed"

B&H will probably have a big shipment next week along with batteries which are supposed to arrive in shops on Friday.

Fingers crossed on the batts.....

Cheers
    Ed