Which way to go

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CD77

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Chris
I’ve a dilemma and I’m hoping for some help from my fellow mu-43’ers

I’ve got my camera clubs annual competition coming up next month, 7 categories, 6 of which (after much wrangling and deliberation) I have chosen my prints and projected images for... but I’m stuck on the last one!

The final category is called the ‘Calder Cup’ and consists of a single print entry for which the only stipulation is that it must be taken within the borough boundary of the town of Burnley (Lancashire, UK). It’s my hometown so I have quite a few images that qualify, but I’ve managed to narrow it down to two but cannot decide between them... can you help?

‘Our Eddie’s’ - Iconic local Barber shop next to the Town Hall.
703A06B9-113B-4116-BDC5-FEEF2A92F92B.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

‘Mall Symmetry’ - One of the covered quadrants leading off the Market Square in the middle of town.
09388071-2064-40F3-8E42-2EBF2683E725.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The entries gave to be submitted on Tuesday (21st Jan) for pre-comp review by the judges so I’ve a couple more days and thought it would be interesting to get the take of my peers here on the forum.

comment23

mu-43 frequent flyer
Real Name
Simon
I like them both.

‘Our Eddie's’ really draws the viewer in and gets my vote.

‘Mall Symmetry’ looks like a great backdrop for a human element or something else ‘happening’. A person walking across frame disturbing the pigeons or something. That would make it a winner for me.

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Both nice but I would enter "Our Eddie's" it really stands out to me.
Sharp and the mix of colour and B&W is really good.

The second one while being very nice to me does not have a strong focus point.

CD77

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Chris
I was leaning towards ‘Our Eddies’ (the barber shop image) but your feedback has confirmed this. I’ve submitted the image for judges review so it is too late to change my mind now!

Thanks to all who helped, I’ll let you know how it gets on in the competition.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom