which software

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by BAKatz, Apr 11, 2011.

1. BAKatz

BAKatz Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 9, 2010
    Riverdale, NY
    I'm still so new to this i haven't even tried editing any photos...i was wondering which software is better...Photoshop or Corel? or something else....i will need a good panorama stitching program...right now all i have access to is Olympus' ( EPL1 user )....also will need to line up paired images for 3D imaging......i was thinking Elements 9......what do you seasoned veterans use? as always..thank you for the advice....

2. mauve

mauve Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2010
    Paris, France
    Hugin is the best panorama stitcher bar none. Icing on the cake, it's free. (It can do a lot of other things - in fact, it's more or less a generic geometry toolbox).

Hugin - Panorama photo stitcher

Cheers,

ps. my first stitch attempt with hugin a couple of years ago (images from a Penatx *ist DL - no :43:) :
    <table style="width:auto;"><tr><td><a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/5sQGHEKtOI6rsJUmRoxVLQ?feat=embedwebsite"> berck-pano-medium-framed. "111" width="800" /></a></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">De <a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/manuel.viet0/Misc?feat=embedwebsite">misc</a></td></tr></table>

• Like Like x 2
  3. BAKatz

BAKatz Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 9, 2010
    Riverdale, NY
    I guess i should have posted tis in the Software forum..sorry....

• Like Like x 1
  4. sparkin

sparkin Mu-43 Regular

Nov 18, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    Hugin is indeed great, and as you say, the price can't be beat.

The GIMP is a free, solid (if sometimes quirky) alternative to PhotoShop.

5. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    If you're running a Mac then Aperture is the call. I have Photoshop and Lightroom, but I am preferring Aperture over the others.

Gary

• Like Like x 1
  6. ksn

ksn Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 6, 2011
    If you already have photoshop, there's a built in panorama stitcher and HDR tool if you'd prefer not having to install so many different programs.

7. BAKatz

BAKatz Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 9, 2010
    Riverdale, NY
    downloaded Hugin...thanks for that......heard about GIMP......PC user.....EPL1.....was thinking about Elements 9.....

8. sparkin

sparkin Mu-43 Regular

Nov 18, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    GIMP does windows ...

GIMP - for Windows

9. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England