which software

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by rejo, Mar 29, 2011.

1. rejo

rejo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 27, 2011
    Hi Everybody
    First post.
    Will be collecting a new gf1 next week, this is to replace my canon g10 as my p&s camera, the g10 is a great camera but without really any possibilities of adding other lenses.
    I've also got a nikon d300 for when weight and size is no option.
    But my question is what software is everybody using to edit their photos in raw, I've read that cs4 doesn't work but surely that cant be true .... or is it.
    If it is what is everybody using ?
  2. stevendotwang

stevendotwang Mu-43 Regular

Mar 13, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    Steven W
    I own a GF2 and I shoot in raw. I started with Aperture 3 for a week or so until I realized there were issues with Aperture 3 while rendering my photos, the color in certain situations were off, and made the photos look horrible. I didn't bother looking into the issue because I wasn't too happy with the software's responsiveness.

I switched to Lightroom 3 and so far I'm very happy with it. Still getting used to all the shortcuts and stuff.

I've recently obtained Color Efex Pro and Dfine from Nik Software, I find Dfine very helpful when it comes to reducing noise. Color Efex Pro provided some interesting filters, but there are free filters for Lightroom out there that will do similar jobs.
  3. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    It comes with Silkypix, which seems about as cryptic as humanly possible, and the NR settings don't work as well as Adobe Camera Raw (ACR).

I'm using Elements 9, as it is rapidly encroaching on the capabilities of Lightroom and the CS of only a few years ago. It uses the same asset manager as Lightroom and you can use layers like "real" Photoshop. There is some debate whether the ACR in Elements is the same as LR - I think it is, with a few of the lesser used sliders removed.
  4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Welcome rejo! I'm going to move this thread into the Software forum, where you might want to look around a bit. We have several very good software discussions going on.:2thumbs:

Please stop by the Welcomes and Introductions forum and introduce yourself, when you have the time.:smile:
  5. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
  6. headlights

headlights New to Mu-43

Mar 29, 2011